Proposal: JVR to Habs

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Juulsen would be Toronto's best D-prospect, he played on a defensive team stop comparing his point totals.

Dermott made team Canada over him last year so I don't think it's a stretch to say he would be ahead of him. Also Nielsen made whl 1st team all star to Juulsen's 2nd team all star and put up way better numbers so you could also argue he's developed into a better prospect. I'd put Juulsen in a close group at the top of our D prospects for sure but just saying it's far from a given he'd be our top guy.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Trading for JVR would be a disaster for Montreal. His defensive play would get him in Therrien's dog house almost immediately and he'd end up playing meaningless minutes in the bottom six or in the press box.

His offensive skills would be totally wasted in Montreal with that coaching staff.

I'm sorry...are you saying JVR would be in the press box on the 9th worst team in the league?

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I'm sorry...are you saying JVR would be in the press box on the 9th worst team in the league?

I'm saying the 9th worst team in the league has a coach with a real hard on for defense and that JVR is absolutely atrocious without the puck and his effort defensively - even after improving last season - is terrible and with that particular coach - who I am no fan of - he would be banished down the lineup like Thomas Vanek and Alex Semin were and could end up in the press box.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Based on these comments and some of your comments in another thread today, you clearly have something against jvr that it severely clouding your judgement.

I have nothing against him.

I think he's a solid offensive player.

But he's brutal defensively and seriously lacks effort in that regard.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
i think ur really underselling his game in his own zone, hes not great but its fine
and last season he was actually good in his own zone not sure who you were watching.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
He could always come here from FA July 2018.

If they protect Martin, Bozak, Kadri, Komarov, Rychel, Brown and Leipsic, Vegas could pick JVR. Not gonna happen but meh.

Toronto wants stuff we don't want to give (IE Top-4 Dmen).

Vegas needs may be different so a fit may be made.

yeah because it would be better for him to play on a line with plekanec than Auston Matthews? JVR loves it here. leafs probably extend him for 6x6 after next season.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
i think ur really underselling his game in his own zone, hes not great but its fine
and last season he was actually good in his own zone not sure who you were watching.

My guess is he didn't watch him last year. Once somebody gets a reputation on here people just pile on because it's easier than educating yourself on the topic effectively. Under Carlyle yes he was bad, but so was the entire team. Last year he was perfectly fine. Obviously never gonna compete for the Selke, but that doesn't put him in a Semin or Vanek class because his effort level is miles above theirs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad