Proposal: JVR to Habs

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Look at it this way. We lose a first line LW and our only proven top 6 quality LW, we should fill a need. Lets see...

Mid to late first? Nope.. We have tons of depth, we need first liners and first pairing D

2nd rounders? Nope..

2nd liner players or less? Nope...

So why trade him? If we can't get that value back for him, then we keep him. It's simple.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
He could always come here from FA July 2018.

If they protect Martin, Bozak, Kadri, Komarov, Rychel, Brown and Leipsic, Vegas could pick JVR. Not gonna happen but meh.

Toronto wants stuff we don't want to give (IE Top-4 Dmen).

Vegas needs may be different so a fit may be made.

Of course, because the Leafs resigning him is completely out of the question....:shakehead

CanadiensforLife

Sep 11, 2010
Montreal
Or even Nielsen. Nielsen at 6'3", put up 70 points last year in the WHL. Juulsen, 28 points. (I appreciate there is more to D than points...but) I appreciate that he put up more the year before, but his last season doesn't scream top pairing RHD. Is there a reasonable explanation to explain the drop off last year?

The whole team had trouble scoring last year, that explains the dropoff. The Everett Silvertips were second last in scoring.

Last edited:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Of course, because the Leafs resigning him is completely out of the question....:shakehead
Here, this is for you:
Could
1. used to indicate possibility.
2. used in making polite requests.

He could sign with any of the 31 NHL teams. I never he would come here, in fact I don't see him signing here at all.

You realize your window right?
The possibility Price leaving is huge?
Your GM just traded the superior younger player for an older player because he thought it helped his team's chance to win now?

A trade for JVR would be made because your team is in win now mode (i.e. the next two seasons)

Edit: I'm not saying a trade is imminent. I don't even want to trade JVR. But to say it will never happen is naive IMO.

The fact is to acquire JVR, we would have to punch a hole in our defence which is not happening.

Unless we can interest you in some of Hudon/Lehkonen/Andrighetto/Carr + picks + prospects not named Sergachev?

We have very little that would interest Toronto which we could spare hence me saying JVR is not going to MTL.

As for our window, it could be 2 years, it could be more. There is no indication pointing towards Price and Pacioretty wanting to leave as UFA.

Mar 26, 2010
No from Toronto.

Why does everyone think that Toronto is giving JVR away lol. He will not be traded.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
JVR

for

Emelin (25% retained) + 2017 1st + Juulsen

Trading for JVR would be a disaster for Montreal. His defensive play would get him in Therrien's dog house almost immediately and he'd end up playing meaningless minutes in the bottom six or in the press box.

His offensive skills would be totally wasted in Montreal with that coaching staff.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
probably not gonna cut it for Leafs' fans.
They'd probably ask for a top 4 D which we do not have to spare or Sergachev which the Habs would be crazy to trade for JVR.

Trading within a division and especially a rival would require a massive overpayment.

I don't really see a trade fit between the teams tbh.

I also don't know why Van Riemsdyk is considered trade fodder by so many. He's a legit offensive LW and looking at the Leafs depth chart I don't see a lot of those. He's also young enough to be a solid contributor for a number of years to come alongside Matthews and company.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I'm a huge fan of Montreal acquiring JVR. Have been for a long time. I think he would be a great fit in our 2nd line LW.
That being said, it's not going to happen.
The best chance of the Habs trading for JVR was this past draft. Our 9OA would have done it, with the Leafs rebuilding and us out of contention for the top 4 picks.
There is no trade to be had now. Habs have nothing of sufficient value and interest that they would be willing to give up, that TO would consider.
Time to move on folks.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Juulsen would be Toronto's best D-prospect, he played on a defensive team stop comparing his point totals.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I was amongst those who wanted to trade our 1st rd pick last draft for him. Now that I know Sergachev would fall to us I'm kind of happy we didnt make that trade. But I love JVR, great player. But now that we signed JVR, he's not needed nearly as much. We need to keep an open spot for one of the youger kid: Hudon, Lehkonen, Reway, Carr, Andrighetto... one of them is bound to have a good season, I'd bet one of them even score 20 goals this year... but only if there's room for him.

That being said, I'd trade Juulsen + 1st for him anyway. JVR / Plekanec / Radulov would be a great 2nd line.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Trading for JVR would be a disaster for Montreal. His defensive play would get him in Therrien's dog house almost immediately and he'd end up playing meaningless minutes in the bottom six or in the press box.

His offensive skills would be totally wasted in Montreal with that coaching staff.

Based on these comments and some of your comments in another thread today, you clearly have something against jvr that it severely clouding your judgement.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Juulsen would be Toronto's best D-prospect, he played on a defensive team stop comparing his point totals.

are you sure?
Dermott was voted 2nd best dman in the ohl
and zaitsev is like 25 at start of season who mgmt raves about
then theres nielson and valiev. Are you really 100% sure he would be our best d prospect?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad