Proposal: JVR to Habs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
probably not gonna cut it for Leafs' fans.
They'd probably ask for a top 4 D which we do not have to spare or Sergachev which the Habs would be crazy to trade for JVR.

Trading within a division and especially a rival would require a massive overpayment.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
probably not gonna cut it for Leafs' fans.
They'd probably ask for a top 4 D which we do not have to spare or Sergachev which the Habs would be crazy to trade for JVR.

Trading within a division and especially a rival would require a massive overpayment.

Basically this, no point in this devolving into a flame war.

The pieces we'd want, Montreal won't part with.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
OPs trade is bad for the Leafs, this version is just flat awful.

We aren't taking two cap dumps for JVR.

---------The joke.

You

As for the thread, this emoticon fits the situation: :deadhorse

JVR will not be an Hab under his current contract unless he gets picked (not that he would be left unprotected) by Vegas and then we trade with Vegas.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
---------The joke.

You

As for the thread, this emoticon fits the situation: :deadhorse

JVR will not be an Hab under his current contract unless he gets picked (not that he would be left unprotected) by Vegas and then we trade with Vegas.

Wait, why?

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
OPs trade is bad for the Leafs, this version is just flat awful.

We aren't taking two cap dumps for JVR.

how dare you not know about an inside joke for Habs fans or people that browse the trade rumors forum.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Wait, why?

JVR will not be an Hab under his current contract

He could always come here from FA July 2018.

unless he gets picked (not that he would be left unprotected) by Vegas

If they protect Martin, Bozak, Kadri, Komarov, Rychel, Brown and Leipsic, Vegas could pick JVR. Not gonna happen but meh.

and then we trade with Vegas.
Toronto wants stuff we don't want to give (IE Top-4 Dmen).

Vegas needs may be different so a fit may be made.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
He could always come here from FA July 2018.

You realize your window right?
The possibility Price leaving is huge?
Your GM just traded the superior younger player for an older player because he thought it helped his team's chance to win now?

A trade for JVR would be made because your team is in win now mode (i.e. the next two seasons)

Edit: I'm not saying a trade is imminent. I don't even want to trade JVR. But to say it will never happen is naive IMO.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I had the appetite to trade JvR for the 2016 1st round pick, because I thought we could pick one of the better D in the draft, and was specifically looking at Sergachev, who has played the Right side, and would fill a need.

You drafted Sergachev. He still fills a need for us, but then, it is highly improbable that you would trade him too us.

Trading JvR is really only about obtaining a first pairing RD, or potential to play on the first pairing RD. Otherwise, we are just better off keeping him.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
Not bad. I might consider replacing that 1st with a 2nd, and Juulsen with Desharnais.

You just made an OK proposal into an absolute garbage deal . The main components that make this deal possibly happen would be the first rounder and Juulsen. DD doesn't fit in with the Leafs. We already have a 2/3 centre named Bozak, who is bigger and better.

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
You just made an OK proposal into an absolute garbage deal . The main components that make this deal possibly happen would be the first rounder and Juulsen. DD doesn't fit in with the Leafs. We already have a 2/3 centre named Bozak, who is bigger and better.

Seriously no one gets sarcasm?

B's fan mocking the multi offer of DD + Emelin and a 2nd.

BWDude

Nov 13, 2015
Juulsen would be Toronto's best D prospect..

Eh, I don't think so. If Zaitsev doesn't count then we still have Connor Carrick and even after him a case could be made for Dermott.

Unless you see Juulsen as having top pairing potential of course.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Eh, I don't think so. If Zaitsev doesn't count then we still have Connor Carrick and even after him a case could be made for Dermott.

Unless you see Juulsen as having top pairing potential of course.

Or even Nielsen. Nielsen at 6'3", put up 70 points last year in the WHL. Juulsen, 28 points. (I appreciate there is more to D than points...but) I appreciate that he put up more the year before, but his last season doesn't scream top pairing RHD. Is there a reasonable explanation to explain the drop off last year?

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
Not bad. I might consider replacing that 1st with a 2nd, and Juulsen with Desharnais.

JVR

for

Emelin (25% retained) + 2017 1st + Juulsen

So a cap dump who won't make our team, a first that will likely be 20s +, and an ok prospect.

Not terrible, but we have no reason to take a dump on top of a late first and an ok prospect.

If I'm Lou, I'm wanting Sergachyov/Scherback + 1st, and I'd take on Emelin's contract in full.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad