Rumor: Juuse Saros Signs 8 Year / $7.74 AAV Contract

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Trade Saros?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
What post number do I have to scroll to for the contract discussion?

Can the contract talk be split out from the trade talk that's almost a year old?

Last edited:

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
AHHHHH, ok . For some reason i thought he was UFA

on that note, what would be the cost on Askarov?
More than you are willing to pay. He's our backup this year and still in the plans for the future. Trotz basically wants a 1C level prospect for him or a top 5 draft pick

Reactions: hido

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
More than you are willing to pay. He's our backup this year and still in the plans for the future
Quite likely.

Nothing quite deflates a young goalie who saw a chance emerging to be the starter soon as much as seeing his direct competition get an 8 year big money deal though. That screams hes not really in future plans

Reactions: Scoresberg

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Really good NHL roster player or equivalent level of prospect at a different position.
Maybe next year or the year after we the Sharks will be in a position to offer such. If Vegas does poorly while in cap hell, their pick suddenly looks better. Its a deep draft in 2025. Didn't expect the Karlsson pick we got from the Penguins to end up being 14th and then traded up for 11th. We thought it would be a late pick

Im currently happy with this rebuild. Hoping to suck this year and acquire more picks

Our prospect pool is lacking RHD depth and a goalie of the future. We have our 1/2 punch at Center With Celebrini and Smith, a high end #1 D in Dickenson, and and lot of good Wing prospects.

Its possible we acquire more high end prospects this season

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Quite likely.

Nothing quite deflates a young goalie who saw a chance emerging to be the starter soon as much as seeing his direct competition get an 8 year big money deal though. That screams hes not really in future plans
Askarov is still young as goalies go, and as good as he looks in the AHL he hasnt done anything to prove he is ready to be an NHL starter. He will get NHL games as Saros backup and have a chance to prove he deserves the starters net eventually. Saros was Rinnes understudy for several years and he turned out ok. I have plenty of faith in this organization when it comes to developing goaltenders

Reactions: 67 others

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Askarov is still young as goalies go, and as good as he looks in the AHL he hasnt done anything to prove he is ready to be an NHL starter. He will get NHL games as Saros backup and have a chance to prove he deserves the starters net eventually. Saros was Rinnes understudy for several years and he turned out ok. I have plenty of faith in this organization when it comes to developing goaltenders
I still think Trotz ends up moving Askarov. Just too much smoke the last couple of years. Last year with the intention to move up into the top-five.. and now the Saros 9-year extension.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
With typical goalie progression the Saros extension becomes a potential issue in 3+ years. Askarov remains unproven at the NHL level so this year as #2 makes sense. A couple of seasons down the road we might be lucky and see a 1A/1B situation develop.

Limiting the number of starts for Saros requires a strong #2 / 1B alongside him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad