Player Discussion Justin Barron

Goalfield13

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
Mailloux played 75 regular season OHL games in his career. He played 72 regular season AHL games last season. Despite his paltry OHL experience, he had a great offensive season in the AHL. People need to relax and stay patient. give him 2 more seasons in the A to learn.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Mailloux played 75 regular season OHL games in his career. He played 72 regular season AHL games last season. Despite his paltry OHL experience, he had a great offensive season in the AHL. People need to relax and stay patient. give him 2 more seasons in the A to learn.
Remember how Detroit use to keep their prospects in the AHL for about 200 AHL games? I know young talent helps with the Cap but you simply can't rush kids that aren't ready. I am a huge Mailloux fan but based on what I have seen neither he or Roy should start the year in Montreal. Why not let them develop a bit longer?

Canad13ns

Nov 6, 2018
I think Newhook can be an upgrade on prime Byron. Prime Byron was faster and really dangerous on the counter strike. But Newhook has more skill and may be our 3c, or at least a better option at C in case of injuries.
I hope so. Prime Byron was faster, and once he learned to convert those breakaways, he was a useful and unique threat as well as a great penalty killer. If Newhook could develop unique (to the team) tools that reliably create goals, it would be great.

HespelerGreenFlash

Dec 20, 2007
Remember how Detroit use to keep their prospects in the AHL for about 200 AHL games? I know young talent helps with the Cap but you simply can't rush kids that aren't ready. I am a huge Mailloux fan but based on what I have seen neither he or Roy should start the year in Montreal. Why not let them develop a bit longer?
I agreee but I think Roy is a little bit further along than you surmise

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'm wondering what they are saying about Roy behind closed doors?
He did a fairly decent job when he got called up but I'm also certain they can't be enamored with his effort this camp.
You witnessed the same stretches of zzzzz In Laval I did.
I also hate when a player isn't able to help the farm when they are returned to the AHL.
He was sent down for a purpose not as a punishment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad