Player Discussion Justin Barron

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I don't think you can tell much in Barron's case as of right now with a pretty uneventful preseason. He's gone through stretches in the past where he's been great and then hits a wall. He just needs to do what he does for longer stretches. What he has going for him is that he's a righty.

Reactions: CDN24

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I have watched many Habs teams from many different era's and Barron I would consider one of the softest defenseman I have ever seen. His style won't change, he hates physical play.
Well I don't know what you expect out of him in that department but he has started to use his body and he was being physical in Laval.
MSL brought it up when he was talking about him. He isn't ever going to be a Struble but he doesn't have to be.
He needs to be able to rub people out box players out and move the puck the other way.
I watched him being physical on the PK just the other night preventing a zone entry with a beautiful hard check...

Did you completely miss that play?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Well I don't know what you expect out of him in that department but he has started to use his body and he was being physical in Laval.
MSL brought it up when he was talking about him. He isn't ever going to be a Struble but he doesn't have to be.
He needs to be able to rub people out box players out and move the puck the other way.
I watched him being physical on the PK just the other night preventing a zone entry with a beautiful hard check...

Did you completely miss that play?
One play doesn't make a habit. Like I said...we shall see. My expectations for Justin Barron are non existent.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
One play doesn't make a habit. Like I said...we shall see. My expectations for Justin Barron are non existent.
It isn't just one play though.
I pointed out a number of plays in Laval where his was hard on players with his body "crumpling" them along the boards.
Players don't crumple unless the check is really solid he did it more than once.
I know you were watching the games and I also know you were in the GDT's
My comment's were "Finally Barron knows what he is Big for"
He was also one of their best defensemen on that final 3 game road trip.

I liked his camp and I watched him very closely given my stance on the player.

Yep

Lighthearted
Sep 12, 2009
Planète XY 1000 Z
It isn't just one play though.
I pointed out a number of plays in Laval where his was hard on players with his body "crumpling" them along the boards.
Players don't crumple unless the check is really solid he did it more than once.
I know you were watching the games and I also know you were in the GDT's
My comment's were "Finally Barron knows what he is Big for"
He was also one of their best defensemen on that final 3 game road trip.

I liked his camp and I watched him very closely given my stance on the player.

I haven't seen him at all in Laval. But based on what I've seen in this camp, I noticed a difference. He seems calmer less panicky, plays with more confidence and poise. He looked ike an NHL player, more than ever before (to me at least). I certainly hope it transfers into the regular season. We need him to fulfill his potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad