Who will the players be on the last two lines?

Which seven forwards make the Leafs opening Day lineup. 6 roster + spare

• Dewar

• Holmberg

• Jarnkrok

• Kampf

• Lorentz

• McMann

• Pacioretty

• Reaves

• Robertson

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
This is the lineup in practice today. Who are your seven guys, six roster guys plus a spare, to start the season for the Toronto Maple Leafs? You can vote for up to seven guys.

""

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
This is the lineup in practice today. Who are your seven guys, six roster guys plus a spare, to start the season for the Toronto Maple Leafs? You can vote for up to seven guys.

""

I hope they gave Robertson the day off for being the best player in camp...

If they need Reaves, Dewar can sit.

If not, Reaves can sit.

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Generally teams carry two extra forwards and one extra D. Obv not a hard rule, but maybe make this select up to 8.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Generally teams carry two extra forwards and one extra D. Obv not a hard rule, but maybe make this select up to 8.

Unless a trade (or two) happens after signing Pacioretty and probably Lorentz, they don't have the cap space to do a 23 player roster. They could also waive players but not sure it's enough to fit.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
I expect a trade/waivers and ltir will be used to get under the cap. Trade victim was in my not selected list (Jarnkrok).

Last edited:

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Interesting enough... they can choose not to sign Patches and Lorentz until after opening day rosters are submitted. We are currently cap compliant, though we'd have to waive Murray. But, we could put Jarnkrok on LTIR, and sign Patches and Lorentz and still be under the cap.

Or trade Jarnkrok, sign Patches and Lorentz and we are still cap compliant.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Murray is def going on waivers. I can’t see us carrying 3 goalies.

Signing patches and Lorentz after opening day makes a lot of sense, so we don’t have to give anyone away. Perhaps that is exactly why they are still unsigned.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022

""

I know this isn't the main theme of the thread, but I really think we can finally put Nylander as a Center to rest. He is an excellent winger, and should stay at that.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Jarnkrok played last night, don’t think he’s going on LTIR.

Knies - Matthews - Marner
Robertson - Tavares - Nylander
Pacioretty - Domi - McMann
Lorentz - Holmberg - Jarnkrok
Reaves

Rielly - Tanev
OEL - McCabe
Benoit - Liljegren
Rafai - Myers

Stolarz - Woll

Hakanpaa and Dewar LTIR to start the season. Kampf and Timmins traded. Murray waived.

Reactions: mclaren55 and Razz

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
Place Dewar and Reaves on waivers

4th line of Holmberg-Kampf-Jarnkrok

Lorentz 13th forward

Call up Reaves if someone needs to get smacked

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Lorentz has really surprised me.
He's strong along the boards, good forechecker, makes responsible decisions with the puck and can PK.
The fact he can also play some C and take draws up's his versatility value.
If it was me, I would easily put him in the lineup over Reaves and Dewar.

Clyde Brewer

Oct 15, 2021
I know this isn't the main theme of the thread, but I really think we can finally put Nylander as a Center to rest. He is an excellent winger, and should stay at that.

Didn't Berube state that this time around he was going to give Nylander an extended look at C? I mean zero games isn't exactly an extended look.

I agree that Nylander is an excellent winger, and he presently serves us better there. However, were going to need a strong 2C and he could be it- he's closer than anyone else because I'm not sure Tavares is the answer anymore, and he certainly isn't the answer moving forward. I'd like to see the experiment continue into the season, provided were winning games.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Jarnkrok played last night, don’t think he’s going on LTIR.

Knies - Matthews - Marner
Robertson - Tavares - Nylander
Pacioretty - Domi - McMann
Lorentz - Holmberg - Jarnkrok
Reaves

Rielly - Tanev
OEL - McCabe
Benoit - Liljegren
Rafai - Myers

Stolarz - Woll

Hakanpaa and Dewar LTIR to start the season. Kampf and Timmins traded. Murray waived.
I’d like to see more of Rifai and Myers, less of Liljegren. They shutdown a pretty decent Red Wing lineup. Hope they play tomorrow.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
If Nylander is @ C then

Pacioretty/Jarnkrok -JT - McMann
Lorentz - Holmberg - Reeves

IR: Dewar

Back to Junior: Cowan

Traded: Robertson and Kampf

Last edited:

Ad