Player Discussion Justin Barron

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The Habs didn't really pay a high price for Barron, IMO. They had to get rid of Lehkonen for salary cap reasons, as he was one of the few forwards who was worth something and didn't fit into the long range rebuild. They got Barron and a 2nd round pick in the trade. That's pretty good value, considering Barron was a young, former late 1st round pick.
That Hage doesn't happen without that second has been pointed out and It's not like Barron wasn't a touted player with his natural attributes.
I don't think Justin Barron is on a losing value trajectory so we've come out in good shape over all.
As much as I Love Lehk I'm happy he was able to stick it to the dissenters on this forum as did Eller with his role in Washington's Cup win.
It goes to show just how unappreciative our fan base can be when they choose to ignore the things players do really well to justify their own positions.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Barron won't clear waivers so he won't be put on waivers. He is getting playing time like Ylonen did last year. Ylonen did nothing and is gone, Barron is in the same boat but he might not finish the year here if we are through most of the season and somebody else really merits time over him. I agree with the comments here , if he can get the puck out of the D zone efficiently that's half the battle for him..

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Barron won't clear waivers so he won't be put on waivers. He is getting playing time like Ylonen did last year. Ylonen did nothing and is gone, Barron is in the same boat but he might not finish the year here if we are through most of the season and somebody else really merits time over him. I agree with the comments here , if he can get the puck out of the D zone efficiently that's half the battle for him..
There are several teams shorthanded on D, two that come to mind are Winnipeg and LA. If Mailloux can elevate his game a bit more then Barron might become expendable.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
There are several teams shorthanded on D, two that come to mind are Winnipeg and LA. If Mailloux can elevate his game a bit more then Barron might become expendable.
We really have arrived at the point in the rebuild where competition is full on. Two years ago there was enough room for pretty much any decent prospect , but not now on the D. Same is starting to happen on the bottom 6 and will be heavy in next year or two.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
His errors in Camp haven't been missed assignments and ever since he started moving the puck quicker in Laval he isn't turning it over nearly as often.
When he does turn it over oftentimes it's out of our zone which is 100 times better than getting hemmed.
Barron is no longer falling all over himself which was an obvious sign of nerves going back a couple of seasons now.
He's definitely becoming more physical and getting credit for it from our staff.

Barron's dilemma with this fan base is simply that many have already made up their minds and will never bring up things he's doing well.
There is much more to like about his game than he'll ever get credit for here.

Yeah that's not Barron's dilemma, it's the dilemma of those posters.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I thought he looked way more confident in his zone and moved the puck up ice like he always has which is really well.

I think some people got caught up on a few bad plays and might be a little biased in their evals.

Play him with a tough guy like Struble or future (way down the line once he gets good) Xjekaj.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I doubt Mailloux has anything to do with Barron becoming expendable. I've always seen Logan Mailloux as a second pairing Dman.
It really depend on how you see David Savard long term. I see him as a 7 or 8 as early as next season if he's even here.
I won't be surprised if we give Barron the full two years on his contract if his play continues to trend upwards.
They were never competing for the same role IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad