Just For Fun - Draisaitl to DET

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
There is no reality where Larkin++ isn't the price back. Fun to poke at Kenny, but he isn't that stupid to trade him for Copp/Compher type returns.

Reactions: PelagicJoe

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
For cap reasons I'd go...

Fabbri, Raymond, Maata, 2025 2nd, 2026 1st and some prospect.

I would really like to get rid of Copp because him and JT are close duplicates of each other. Plus a more defensive thinking center would help Oilers out but that dang pesky M-NTC.

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
KH needs a goalie. Tell him to pick one. After that, he can pick whatever players (not named Seider, Larkin, or DeBrincat) that'd make Draisaitl fit under our the cap and I'd call it a day. Detroit currently has $5.1mil in space to Edmonton's $442k. Sending Draisaitl gives them space, but makes us negative unless they either retain some or they take 1-2 contracts, and maybe a couple second/third rounders.

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
There is no reality where Larkin++ isn't the price back. Fun to poke at Kenny, but he isn't that stupid to trade him for Copp/Compher type returns.
I mean... it is a 'just for fun' topic, not a 'realistic offers only', right? But since this is all serious now, Larkin has a full NTC for the first five years of his contract. No ten team list for him.

Other players with NTCs on our roster, according to CapFriendly, include the following: Copp, Compher, Perron Chiarot, Ghost, Holl, Walman, Petry, Husso and Reimer all have modified NTCs, granting them a ten team list of teams they can't be traded to.

Meanwhile, Draisaitl also has a modified NTC, so he too has a list on file. While having that ten team list is only meaningful if Edmonton or Detroit appears on that list, it's always a possibility. Larkin, however, is the only untouchable in this particular scenario unless he actually agrees to go.

The reality of this hypothetical is, it's over before it even began.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Two FISTS! Right to the Kenny's nose for leaving us completely dry of talent.

The Wings are losing games and a trickle soon turns into a flood, as the shots against rise and the Wings fan kneels in prayer near the television surrounded by proof of the Wings lack of talent, Justin Abdelkader wanders in

"have no fear i'll save the team" says Abdelkader

"no", says the Wings fan "I have faith in Ken Holland he'll save the team"

the losses continue to mount with Cups now a distant memory, into the picture enters a slightly used Frans Nielsen

""better get used to me, I may be 32 but i'm around for the next decade and i'll lead the Wings to postseason glory" says Nielsen

"no", says the Wings fan "Ken Holland will find someone else to save the team"

the losses rise to a fever pitch with even the Playoffs are now a distant memory, a young Zadina arrives and takes his turn in the spotlight

"i'm here to fill the nets, you'll never win the lottery i'm the best you'll ever do" says Zadina

"no", says the Wings fan "Ken Holland will surely find us someone better"

the losses reach a peak, Yzerman is now in charge with Holland himself but a memory

"why have you forsaken us Kenny?" says the Wings fan, "there is no talent left from when you were in charge around here"

Ken Holland sadly shakes his head "what did you want from me? I sent you an Abdelkader and a Nielsen and you bought them out, I sent you a Zadina and you let him leave to join the Sharks"

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013
Draisaitl for Kasper, Cossa, and a promise that only Copp will be allowed to shoot the next time the Wings play the Oilers.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
McDavid to Detroit...

Chiarot + Fabbri + 1st + extra incentives as much they need to Oilers.

Works with cap.

12.5M in

8.75M out.

Maybe Ken Holland could do this as a favor, as his last act. :P

• Haha
Reactions: PelagicJoe

Ad

Ad

Ad