Just For Fun - Draisaitl to DET

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
And ironically enough, the color of spaceship actually does matter. They are always painted white. You can Google why.

You're so close to getting it. Almost like I picked an example you'd be pedantic about to demonstrate how you can't help yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: Gniwder

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
You're so close to getting it. Almost like I picked an example you'd be pedantic about to demonstrate how you can't help yourself.

I
2e798079-d2f7-4132-adbd-f235b7d0f825_text.gif

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
So acquiring Draistl somehow makes Burger a first line player when he can't even hold a roster spot right now? And on top of that, current 4C Raz jumps to second line winger? Kostin who has no points jumps to 3rd line? Ghost and Chiarot both switch sides?

Your post really makes me wonder if you're watching the Wings at all.
Shouldn’t you be complaining about Copp or wondering why Yzerman didn’t go after Graves?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

No, I think I'm on the right track here.

Pedantic is an insulting word used to describe someone who annoys others by correcting small errors, caring too much about minor details, or emphasizing their own expertise especially in some narrow or boring subject matter.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
No, I think I'm on the right track here.

Pedantic is an insulting word used to describe someone who annoys others by correcting small errors, caring too much about minor details, or emphasizing their own expertise especially in some narrow or boring subject matter.

If you think the lineup after a trade is minor detail, or the color of a spaceship is minor detail, then you're not qualified to discuss either one.

The entire point of my initial response was that he traded for Drai and somehow made the lines worse than they are now.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
If you think the lineup after a trade is minor detail, or the color of a spaceship is minor detail, then you're not qualified to discuss either one.

The entire point of my initial response was that he traded for Drai and somehow made the lines worse than they are now.
Jesus dude, put Chiarot on whatever side you want. The point is the Wings get Draisaitl.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Why not just wait until he is UFA and get him without having to trade futures? McDavid and Drai have been counting the days until they can book their flights out of Edmonton.

• Haha
Reactions: Snuggs

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Why not just wait until he is UFA and get him without having to trade futures? McDavid and Drai have been counting the days until they can book their flights out of Edmonton.
insert every UFA that was supposed to leave that ended up getting an extension right....

about....

here: ______________________________________________________________________________________________________(basically all of them)

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Raymond+Danielson+Kasper+1st 2025+1st 2024+Määttä

Ras - Drai - Compher
DeBrincat - Larkin - Kane
Fabbri - Veleno - Sprong
Perron - Copp - Fischer

waive Kostin & Reimer
sign Kane 1 year/3.69 million

For fun, right?

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Raymond+Danielson+Kasper+1st 2025+1st 2024+Määttä

Ras - Drai - Compher
DeBrincat - Larkin - Kane
Fabbri - Veleno - Sprong
Perron - Copp - Fischer

waive Kostin & Reimer
sign Kane 1 year/3.69 million

For fun, right?
Honestly...this feels like it would really suck tbh. regardless if your joking or not, take that out of it. That lineup is not that great...

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

That's right, keep arguing the details are so important. That will definitely prove you're not pedantic.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Jesus dude, put Chiarot on whatever side you want. The point is the Wings get Draisaitl.
The defense wasn't the point. Maybe that was pedantic, lol.

You don't trade away 2 guys that are currently playing top 6 roles, stick in AHLer and 4th liner (though Raz obviously has more potential) and make the team better.

That's right, keep arguing the details are so important. That will definitely prove you're not pedantic.
If you don't want to discuss any detail, then why discuss anything at all? It has occurred to me that all you're doing is trolling today.

You still don't seem to understand the word at all, lol. The difference between the word "minor" and "any" is huge.

Here, I won't bother with the details....

Make trade. Win Cup.

I hope you're happy now bud.

Edit: Shit, that was probably too much detail for you.....

WIN CUP!

Last edited:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
The defense wasn't the point. Maybe that was pedantic, lol.

Hey, we got there!

You still don't seem to understand the word at all, lol.

Even after you admitted it above? Well, that's confusing to a dummy like me. Must be difficult for you to deal with such people in your daily life. Truly a struggle of the educated.

So you're a smart guy, so you understood the point of all these messages, but I like to recap things for my simple brain.

- You accused a member of not watching games because you found a perceived flaw in their lineup. I found this quite rude.
- You were told you were focusing on the wrong part of the message and should engage in the conversation in a way that doesn't including being a nitpicky twat.
- You prove you're not a nitpicky twat by continuing to argue about the details of a metaphor or that the lineup formation is not minor, ignoring that both paint and lineups can be changed quite liberally and quickly. Almost as if things that can be swapped around instantly and with little thought aren't the point? I dunno, again, I'm dumb.
- And now you're saying I'm an idiot too simple to understand nuance.

You're just being asked to engage with the main focus of the thread (Draisaitl) and to not be a condescending prick to members. Because both of these are forum rules and that's why you're being "trolled" about it. Be kinder or get the f*** out, my patience for this is zero.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
I think putting an AHLer on the top line is more than trivial detail, lol.

And ironically enough, the color of spaceship actually does matter. They are always painted white. You can Google why.

Because the head of NASA is racist. :thumbu:

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
I've never fully understood why pending free agents go the trade and sign route. I know if you don't have a no trade clause you don't necessarily have a say. But If I'm Draisaitl, and I am going to sign with a team, I wouldn't want them to give up a bunch of assets to get me. I know it's not that simple but just a thought I've always had.

One reason is because if it’s a sign and trade you can get that extra year if you’re the player.

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
Usually not a big fan of trading for big names.
The only reason for Edmonton to trade him away would be to head into another rebuild, or diversify the team around McDavid through this trade.
The former would mean that the Wings would lose a vast amount of draft picks and prospects/talented young players (looking at something like two first rounders, a second rounder, two of Kasper, Danielson or ASP at least), the latter that guys like Walman, Raymond, Husso would probably be gone (with a prospect or draft pick as well).

Neither of these seem to be paths that Yzerman would walk.
Draisaitl would be a perfect fit here imo. I actually talked about the Oilers losing Draisaitl like 4 years ago in the Oilers' post playoff talk following the disgrace against Chicago, that they would need to build a deeper team in order not to waste the potential of McDrai, but here we are. I was one of the first posters on here to suggest that if a big trade for a #1C by the Wings would happen, it would most likely be Draisaitl. I just always had this feeling that he would be wearing the Winged Wheel one day.
But I don't think it is all too realistic from Detroit's standpoint. It would most likely happen via free agency, if at all. As I know that Draisaitl has a better personality than McDavid, whom I believe to leave Edmonton prior to Draisaitl.
189358.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Multi 50 goal scorer and 100 point producer. Haven't had one of those since... what? Federov?

Idk, pipedream. I wish Red Wings would make the move.

Trade what needs to be done outside of Seider. In this situation, Wings don't actually get worst by losing picks/prospects and even roster players. If he gets moved it'd prolly be one of the biggest trades in recent memory and would require(imo) a larger than normal haul. IF he or McDavid become available, everyone will want them.

Raymond, Rasmussen, Edvinsson, Kasper, Cossa, 1st round pick this year and next year.

Kept Danielson, ASP, Wallinder and Berggren.

Alex DeBrincat – (C) Dylan Larkin – Jonatan Berggren
Robby Fabbri – Leon Draisaitl – David Perron
(A) Andrew Copp – J.T. Compher – Daniel Sprong
Klim Kostin – Joe Veleno – Christian Fischer

Austin Czarnik
Zach Ashton-Reese

Jake Walman – Mortiz Seider
(A) Ben Chiarot – Shayne Gotisbehere
Ollie Maatta – Justin Holl

Jeff Petry

Ville Husso
James Reimer

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Kenny owes us a solid.

Trade him all the players still remaining from his drafting days:

Rasmussen
Veleno
McIsaac

That's IT.
Whenever I throw goofy trade proposals at my friends (I'm in STL so they're all Blues fans) I always throw in the rights to one sample of Nicklas Lidstrom's DNA and a bag of some strange white powder Bob Probert (RIP) left in his locker.

Reactions: DamonDRW

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
insert every UFA that was supposed to leave that ended up getting an extension right....

about....

here: ______________________________________________________________________________________________________(basically all of them)
That is a good point, however, I think McDavid wants to win, so I liken him more to Tavares when he became UFA as opposed to Stamkos or Malkin. Connor McDavid is getting paid either way, be it by Edmonton or someone else.
I will say that if I was Connor McDavid, I would likely take a chance and go somewhere I'd be more likely to win the cup.

Reactions: Detroit Knights

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
That is a good point, however, I think McDavid wants to win, so I liken him more to Tavares when he became UFA as opposed to Stamkos or Malkin. Connor McDavid is getting paid either way, be it by Edmonton or someone else.
I will say that if I was Connor McDavid, I would likely take a chance and go somewhere I'd be more likely to win the cup.
Hmm... IDK I don't expect him to leave, but if he does it'll be for money/winning. Not just winning. It's not like he'll go sign in Buffalo/Minnesota.

Based off his potential to make money off the ice and winning... I think he'll go to LA/TOR/NYR if he leaves the Oilers. (and I'd be expecting a trade if he just doesn't resign in EDMONTON.)

Literally winning in any of those markets would raise his wealth x100 of whatever he gets paid next which will likely be the highest contract in NHL history. Especially NY. A New York market/coverage, (if McDavid could handle it plus win.) would create the first billionaire hockey player in McDavid. (IMO). Might even be the best thing for the sport from fan growth, rising revenues, and overall rising player pay if McDavid plays somewhere else, especially east coast.

IT's really a shame the average NHL fan doesn't really grasp how advanced he is from speed, etc.

Reactions: PelagicJoe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad