Juraj Slafkovsky - Year Two

Where would you prefer Slaf spend his 23-24 season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I disagree that he hasn't improved in some areas. I think saying he's made no progress is incredibly incorrect. I do think he should be sent down if he's going to play with Anderson and watch his passes die. I think slaf has improved his balance and self-protection in case you're wondering.

We all talked about what a project he would be, and how we would need to be patient, and I think far too many "Fans" are quick to jump on him for not immediately producing. We saw the same overreactions when Barron was looking weak on his skates, or before Dach broke out. Slaf is making very slow progress, and while I'm not happy that he's struggling, its just a part of the development process. Slaf is a #1OA in a weak draft, we can't expect too much too soon. Patience is key.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
I think if a player is not ready for the NHL, he needs to be sent down to where he'll have an easier time developing. That goes for any candidate including this year's draft.

Players like Fantili and Carlsson are the only type of players that deserve to stay up. They're both strong and have a good hockey mind.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Yeah I signed up for a college course starting next month on Emoji meanings 101. 😅

Didn't Jumbo hit 41 points the following season?
Yes but we are talking about the 12th best scorer of all time i mean 41 points is peanuts for such a player. I would have told you after his 2nd year that Joe Thornton would eventually become the 12th best scorer of all time and you would have laughed at me and i would have laughed at myself too. Even his 3rd year was not that great for a player like him. 60 points in his 3rd year is his worst season (excluding geriatric Joe past 37). 60 points is almost half the production of his best seasons ... it's 32 less points than the total of assists of his best seasons.

Reactions: Tyson

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I triple dog dare our front office to trade him to Tampa for any player on their roster.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Because he has 6 points in 6 games in the AHL. I've read ridiculous things around here but this take the cake easily. I would not know where to start but :

My God, where were you after the first game? 1 game, 1 assist and people thought Slaf had 'arrived'. I guess the sample size was big enough then.

Shawnathon

Jul 25, 2012
Yes but we are talking about the 12th best scorer of all time i mean 41 points is peanuts for such a player. I would have told you after his 2nd year that Joe Thornton would eventually become the 12th best scorer of all time and you would have laughed at me and i would have laughed at myself too. Even his 3rd year was not that great for a player like him. 60 points in his 3rd year is his worst season (excluding geriatric Joe past 37). 60 points is almost half the production of his best seasons ... it's 32 less points than the total of assists of his best seasons.
This is what we call good ol’ cherry picking examples. So people are allowed to use Thornton’s rookie season in comparison to Slaf but bringing up that he got better in his sophomore season is to be forgotten because we know he would go on to be one of the best players of all time?

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I will tell my kids this is Gretzky & Lemieux

20231013_172255.jpg

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
I disagree that he hasn't improved in some areas. I think saying he's made no progress is incredibly incorrect. I do think he should be sent down if he's going to play with Anderson and watch his passes die. I think slaf has improved his balance and self-protection in case you're wondering.

We all talked about what a project he would be, and how we would need to be patient, and I think far too many "Fans" are quick to jump on him for not immediately producing. We saw the same overreactions when Barron was looking weak on his skates, or before Dach broke out. Slaf is making very slow progress, and while I'm not happy that he's struggling, its just a part of the development process. Slaf is a #1OA in a weak draft, we can't expect too much too soon. Patience is key.
Being patient means to send him down.

• Love
Reactions: Paddyjack

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Once Dvorak is back Saturday, send him down and put Newhook back as a winger with Monahan.

Newhook-Monahan-Ylonen/Pearson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad