Juraj Slafkovsky - Year Two

Where would you prefer Slaf spend his 23-24 season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
The only reason Slafkovsky is not in the AHL, is because they realised that theirAmateur scouts were shit and that Slafkovsky doesnt have the tools to produce offensively. If they send him down and he doesnt produce, it will be crazy bad for them. So they rather keep him up with Marty and try to develop him as best as they can to save face.

I said it before and i said it again : never reach for a player who had a hot streak juste before the draft. This is a copy/paste of Puljujarvi whi was red hot before the draft, a big body forward with no IQ.
I agree with the premise, but I think Slaf can and will be a good player, but this path is not helping him. It’s increasing the risk that he already comes with imo.

Reactions: NORiculous

Hoochi Papa

Oct 17, 2020
I mean he got a whole assist. If that wasn’t proof he arrived then I don’t know what is. Take that @NotProkofievian
IMG_20231101_135331.jpg

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Depends on what you refer to as speaking. Fluently, both French and English. A bit of; Spanish and Deutsch.

But that's not the point. The point was... i was just jesting.

Its just that jesting is suppose to be at least a bit funny.

Well, at least its my english writing that gives you misery and not my hockey opinion, especially on the Slaf thread.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Not reading this thread, but just wanted to chime in that Byfield is FINALLY showing why he was a top 2 pick FOUR years after being drafted. Similar profile to Slafkovsky.

Yes. People need to be patient with Slaf. Look KK... he have already 10 points in 10 games this year, 43 points last year. He show why he is a 3rd overall pick. Sooo, we need only to be patient with a talent like Slaf. He need to produce in Laval at this point, but I'm very confident that management, staff now how to deal with the development of Slaf.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Yes. People need to be patient with Slaf. Look KK... he have already 10 points in 10 games this year, 43 points last year. He show why he is a 3rd overall pick. Sooo, we need only to be patient with a talent like Slaf. He need to produce in Laval at this point, but I'm very confident that management, staff now how to deal with the development of Slaf.
I understand being patient. You need to help his confidence though. He has zero swagger right now.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Its just that jesting is suppose to be at least a bit funny.

Well, at least its my english writing that gives you misery and not my hockey opinion, especially on the Slaf thread.

Lighten up, it was just joke and while you might not have laughed, somebody else did and that's all that matters. At least, for me.

Also, if you're gonna bitch about part of the fanbase, you should be expecting some bitchin back, so arrete de faire la vierge offensé.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I understand being patient. You need to help his confidence though. He has zero swagger right now.

I agree with you that he show no swagger right now. But I think he play a very solid simple game so far even without points. He show great two-way ability, great protection of puck, great skating aswell. He show improvement in his game. He need to be more creative and shoot more, he have a really good shot but he prefer to pass the puck.

It's only 9 games too... so I'm not panic... maybe he is going to put 3 points next game and his stats will look better.

Reactions: Naslund

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Lighten up, it was just joke and while you might not have laughed, somebody else did and that's all that matters. At least, for me.

Also, if you're gonna bitch about part of the fanbase, you should be expecting some bitchin back, so arrete de faire la vierge offensé.

Sorry if i appeared offended, i am not. I was just trying to answer in a clever manner. No big deal. May we enjoy Slaf productivity tomorrow night.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Who???? The same "Exceptional Status", "generational" Shane Wright who is 63rd in AHL scoring. AND had only 2 measly goals in 24 Coachella Valley playoff games last year?? LMFAO.

I can only imagine the trolling Wright would've gotten if we picked him. So now I think I understand what this is about...you're pissed we didn't pick Shane "The Next One" Wright.

I watched him a lot in his D year in the CHL playoffs (where he was invisible most games) and almost every Coachella playoff game last season (they streamed on YouTube), where he was terrible. PLUS he ostensibly interviewed horribly, and that, added to his mediocre performances, is why 3 teams passed on the long-standing hyped 1OA pick. So, I'm not sure why you bring-up Shane Wright...
You didn't watch much if you think Shane Wright is not in a better spot than Slaf. Dear god that's some ignorant statement. He got humiliated and then instead of Sulking and doing his Drouinsm , he's learning and soon enough he will Join Seattle

Reactions: ReHabs

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
C'mon man - if we picked Wright at 1.. this place would be JUST as mad that he was terrible in the WJCs, terrible in the OHL, terrible in the AHL play-offs and then had to be in the AHL in his D+2.
Rarely disagree with you but Slaf should have been the last of the 5 we should have picked.

Wright Coolet Jiricek and Nemec are superior than Slaf + their teams are not butchering their progression.

I refuse to believe this board would be on page 400 if the name of the thread was Shane Wright

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
I agree with you that he show no swagger right now. But I think he play a very solid simple game so far even without points. He show great two-way ability, great protection of puck, great skating aswell. He show improvement in his game. He need to be more creative and shoot more, he have a really good shot but he prefer to pass the puck.

It's only 9 games too... so I'm not panic... maybe he is going to put 3 points next game and his stats will look better.
KK clearly showed IQ the first time we saw him step on a NHL ice. Slaf didn't. Two different scenarios.

Of course it's still very early but they need to send him to the AHL. Knowing Gorton, they probably won't and that's a shame.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Don't care about Wright anymore. I would not have drafted Slafkovsky but I can see why you wouldn't draft Wright.

It was a weak draft, but generally you don't want a top 15 pick to be this raw regardless of context. Power forwards take time to develop because they need to grow into their bodies and learn just how physical they need to be for their particular skill set. But all the comparisons so far aren't working for Slafkovsky because he's not even showing he belongs at this level yet.
He doesn’t play a power game. Doesn’t have the mentality.

If he reconfigures his entire way of playing hockey to accommodate such a game he will still be critically flawed as a player because of his off the charts bad hockey IQ. It's clear as day to whoever isn't deluding themselves about this guy. Think Josh Anderson.

The Habs had a chance to let him develop his own game and they blew it. Now he's just trying to hang on in the NHL and will not be in a position to learn the game he has to learn.
He's on pace for the worst GAR (-19, worst is -15.something) and the 12th worst xGAR in history (NHL history started in 07-08)
I thought I would feel satisfied seeing stats which support what I've been seeing with my own eyes but it really does not feel good. It feels awful, in fact, seeing this trainwreck happen in real time.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
I've seen enough. Slaf is no better, no more effective - at anything - than he was this time last year. I say now is the time to send the big lad down to the minors for seasoning. I think we do this now and we could see him next year, or even the year after, coming up and sliding in nicely - I see this guy's peak as roughly 25-30 goals 30-35 assists - He's no Malkin but he's definitely has the tools - But he needs to go down *NOW* - Look at Mikko Rantanen now - That gives you some idea of what can happen to a former bust risk if he's sent down to the minors before he's completely shatteredView attachment 761390
Ok, let me call Kent to tell him you want Slaf in the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad