Confirmed with Link: Juraj Slafkovsky re-signs with the Canadiens 8 x $7.6M

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
I don't want to be that guy who's just a major fan boy of their respective team, but I'm finding myself hardpressed to find many other organizations in this league who are in better hands than we are with HUGO.

Am I being too homerish?

It's possible it's just the contrast of the prior regime, but I think it's much more than that. Everything they're doing makes so much sense, and seems to be coming up roses.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
My God, how insane must it feel to be a 19-year-old kid that just signed a 60 million-dollar contract? It's easy to feel good for him but it is also sad in a way when you consider what 100k would do for so many struggling families in Canada right now.

I know this is a hockey board and there isn't much talk about the Joe Average dude but I can't help but think of it when I read about all of the insane amounts of money given to athletes.

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
23.325m for the top line until 2030. People were clowning when Suzuki signed his deal and it took next to no time for them to be proven wrong. Yes there is risk involved. I would rather take the chance banking on their potential with them locked up.
Paying them all over 10m (if they continue to grow), after a bridge deal is dangerous right when we want to start competing. Especially with the cap going up. That is how you end up like the Leafs.

Suzuki @ 7.875m until 2030
Caufield @ 7.85m until 2031
Slafkovsky @ 7.60m until 2033

thebestnic

Jun 29, 2022
I don't want to be that guy who's just a major fan boy of their respective team, but I'm finding myself hardpressed to find many other organizations in this league who are in better hands than we are with HUGO.

Am I being too homerish?

It's possible it's just the contrast of the prior regime, but I think it's much more than that. Everything they're doing makes so much sense, and seems to be coming up roses.
Yah a bit homerish, but after Bergy it's understandable ;)

Reactions: HabbyGuy

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
My God, how insane must it feel to be a 19-year-old kid that just signed a 60 million-dollar contract? It's easy to feel good for him but it is also sad in a way when you consider what 100k would do for so many struggling families in Canada right now.

I know this is a hockey board and there isn't much talk about the Joe Average dude but I can't help but think of it when I read about all of the insane amounts of money given to athletes.
But it's the average Joe that makes those insane deals possible by spending their money (whether it's merchandise, live games, cable subscription, etc.). So it's nothing but fair IMO.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Yah a bit homerish, but after Bergy it's understandable ;)

Yeah I can see that, but honestly which management team would you prefer over ours at this time?

I'm struggling to think of another.

I confess I may still be high from over the weekend, but it's good to be a hab fan again with so much to look forward to.

These guys get it.

Last edited:

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016

It is absolutely insane.

Some NBA player just got like a 212 million dollar contract or something stupid.

All for playing a game....

1719875148662.png

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

Well the league make several billions in revenue (6.6 last fiscal year?) so it's only natural for the athletes to get a slice of the pie. Now I do think our world is kind of broken when I look at all the sport league revenues, but then again Joe Average Dude played an active role in creating those monsters.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Love it. This kid will be a monster starting next season.
This kid has already been a Monster and some fans just don't realize it.
I can't believe some of the negative posts.
Do these guys even watch hockey.
If the second half of the season wasn't a fluke. :facepalm:

The dude was one of three or four bright spots on the entire team.
Our Captain asked for and got him on his flank gee I wonder why.
Maybe because he has some of that BEAST MODE in him just itching to break out.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

That's the reality of our economic system. We as consumers really value our escapes, and pump all this money into ownership. The players will fight to get their part of that pie.

The owners are still winning though. The system is foolproof for owners so that if revenues aren't where they were estimated to be, then the player has to relinquish salary in the form of escrow.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Entertainment is was and always will be a vice.
The poor ole stressed out Joe Blow has to find an outlet somewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad