Confirmed with Link: Juraj Slafkovsky re-signs with the Canadiens 8 x $7.6M

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
60M for our boy :cool:

David Desharnais is waiting for his kickback for enrolling the kid when he was 9.

1000002401.jpg

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Slaf was absurdly snakebitten when he first got placed on the 1st line and Suzuki/CC weren't helping him out enough. That's obviously changed since January, but he could be close to 65 points otherwise. 65 point physical monster as a 19 year old, you don't understand hockey if you think this is a bad contract.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Risky???????????

For who?

Slaf?

LOL
For the Habs. There's still a lot of room for improvement in his case, and, consequently, there's no guarantee he fills that room. That's a gamble similar to what the Canes tried with KK or the Devils with Hughes. If it works out, we have a steal. If it doesn't... Welp.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Wasn't expecting this until we were well within the season at least.

So I love Slaf and get that I need to try to look at it objectively. Given his trajectory last year , hitting towards 30 goals and plus 60 points is reasonable, add in physicality and then signing for below Suzuki is tough.

Whatever. I'm really happy. We have him for 9 years. First line is locked up. These are the guys you pay.

MON4NHLTOR4MLB

Oct 3, 2019
Risky without seeing a full season at the clip his last 30 games were. Any type of revert to 10 game pointless streaks, that’s tough

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
love the self imposed cap max for our stars.
Leafs F'd themselves for letting them all get max amounts on short terms
(yes they are better players but still)
This is how you build a contender.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
It's crazy to think less than 24M will locked up in Slaf/Suzuki/Caufield while Demidov is still on his ELC.

The cap structure Hughes is putting in place will allow the team to really stack itself up for an eventual run.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
For the Habs. There's still a lot of room for improvement in his case, and, consequently, there's no guarantee he fills that room. That's a gamble similar to what the Canes tried with KK or the Devils with Hughes. If it works out, we have a steal. If it doesn't... Welp.

This is the best thing Hughes could have done.

If we waited 1-2 years he will be costing SIGNIFICANTLY more money.

I had my doubts before but it's very clear now that Slaf is a beast, and he's only begun to scratch the surface, IMO.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad