GDT: July 1st Free Agency - ALL PENGUINS TALK HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I'm not going to feel comfortable that we have Kule until I see Bobby Mac tweeting it.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
With a young blueline, who better than Martin Brodeur behind them? His puckhandling skills are still elite, which would help them in their puck-movement and save them from getting plastered continuously.

Also, when the playoffs start, I want the guy who has proven time and again to have ice water in his veins.

If he'd take less money than what Fleury's making, this would be a no-brainer move. Deal Fleury for whatever you can get, save cap space and land arguably the best of all time.

Not to mention, this would help Sid out as well in terms of the leadership in the room.

No-brainer move, once again.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
Haven't seen anyone post this yet. Molinari says ex-Blue Jackets Comeau and MacKenzie are two guys the Pens are interested in for the fourth line.

*** Keep an eye on two Columbus forwards, Derek MacKenzie and Blake Comeau, today. The Penguins have both of them on their radar, and MacKenzie could be a particularly valuable addition if they’re able to land him. He’s an excellent forechecker who kills penalties well and is solid on faceoffs.

http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com...-blog/2014/07/01/Thoughts-on-free-agency.html

Has a few other thoughts about today as well.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
All I remember about Comeau was him taking a ton of stupid penalties in the playoffs.

Klifton

May 30, 2014
Wahoo, Nebraska
With the teams having had the ability to talk to FA beforehand, this is going to be the most active opening day FA in a long time I think.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
Probably Plan B or C types, in case they can't sign Manny Malhotra and/or David Moss.
Possibly. But has anyone other than TIOPS reported that the Pens are pursuing those guys?

Malhotra makes some sense because Rutherford had signed him recently and there's a relationship there, so it could definitely happen. But I don't see Moss taking a big paycut from his $2.1M/yr so I'm not sure how he'd fit in.

Michael8771*

The party is soon to start. Everybody girlishly flustered with excitement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad