Player Discussion Jujhar Khaira

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
All year? Quite a few. Guy started out as hot garbage.

The knock on him is he hasn't been able to play 10 games without getting hurt or without a couple of stinkers.

Now that waivers come into play with him, he needs to make an impact or the team could move on like they did with Pitlick

Quite a few? He's played 27 games this year, and 52 in his career. I think you might want to have just a wee bit of patience before dumping him off the pier for the next shiny object.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Quite a few? He's played 27 games this year, and 52 in his career. I think you might want to have just a wee bit of patience before dumping him off the pier for the next shiny object.
I'm not saying we should dump him, but in today's NHL that's what happens. Once waivers come into effect teams really start to think about what to do with guys. Be different if he had high end offensive ability or a high pick like Pitlick.

Bottom 6 players are easy to find. Khaira has to give them a reason to keep him.

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
Yes, he's been doing well. He also did a good job in Jesse's goal even though he didn't get an assist. A bit more consistency will help, but that should come.

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
Consistency? Settle down, he's been the most consistent bottom 6 forward in the lineup all season.

I knew I should've explained this better, sorry for making you write an extra message because of that :) I meant consistency at his best level. He started the season well, statistically better than was really mentioned here. But he had a bit quieter time, and it seems he has some great games but also mediocre ones. So when he starts getting his best performances more frequently he'll be even better, but it's true his basic level has been better than some others.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
Consistency? Settle down, he's been the most consistent bottom 6 forward in the lineup all season.

This equates to us essentially not having a bottomsix. You realize that right?

So that he's the best of a bad lot playing for the worst org and management in the NHL that resulted in this.

Good for Chia I guess.

In the entirely lateral moves department the former bottomsixer, Pitlick, who we just let walk last season, and is better than anyone we are dressing in bottomsix has 13 goals. This being a player that we developed apparently just so Dallas could reap the rewards of a solid up and down physical winger that is playing like a seasoned vet.

Pouliot, who we're paying not to play here also has more goals than anybody presently in the bottomsix.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
This equates to us essentially not having a bottomsix. You realize that right?

So that he's the best of a bad lot playing for the worst org and management in the NHL that resulted in this.

Good for Chia I guess.

In the entirely lateral moves department the former bottomsixer, Pitlick, who we just let walk last season, and is better than anyone we are dressing in bottomsix has 13 goals. This being a player that we developed apparently just so Dallas could reap the rewards of a solid up and down physical winger that is playing like a seasoned vet.

Pouliot, who we're paying not to play here also has more goals than anybody presently in the bottomsix.
Pitlick has 13 goals and 21 points in 64 games.

Khaira has 11 goals and 19 points in 53. He’s scoring at the exact same goal rate and a very slightly higher point rate.

Just for comparisons sake.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
Pitlick has 13 goals and 21 points in 64 games.

Khaira has 11 goals and 19 points in 53. He’s scoring at the exact same goal rate and a very slightly higher point rate.

Just for comparisons sake.

I like Khaira, and I didn't dispute he's the best of the bottomsix we have left, but perhaps you missed my point about just letting go of other bottomsix players that are better than most of what we have had this season.

Keep in mind as well Pitlick is a better 2 way player than Khaira and is on ice for less GA. Even on a team in Dallas that isn't particularly good at GA.

This org chronically makes bottomsix lateral moves for the sake of doing it but which costs the player development time invested. For instance so that guys that we develop go onto vet careers elsewhere.

Give the org enough time and they'll sell Khaira for peanuts too. Its what this org does. We have development players here for no other reason than they are cheap. Until the org gets swayed by the latest nothing vet addition that they want find a spot for.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Jujhar in essence made Maroon expendable. I have little doubt that if he were give the same opportunities as Maroon and Looch that he'd equal their production for a fraction of the cost. He is our first drafted power forward to succeed in eons.

Reactions: Consultant

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I like Khaira, and I didn't dispute he's the best of the bottomsix we have left, but perhaps you missed my point about just letting go of other bottomsix players that are better than most of what we have had this season.

Keep in mind as well Pitlick is a better 2 way player than Khaira and is on ice for less GA. Even on a team in Dallas that isn't particularly good at GA.

This org chronically makes bottomsix lateral moves for the sake of doing it but which costs the player development time invested. For instance so that guys that we develop go onto vet careers elsewhere.

Give the org enough time and they'll sell Khaira for peanuts too. Its what this org does. We have development players here for no other reason than they are cheap. Until the org gets swayed by the latest nothing vet addition that they want find a spot for.
Replacement, you weren't giving Pitlick a 3 year contract at the end of last season, and if you state that would, you're being dishonest. The team had the player for years, he barely played one complete season as a pro, there was NO way the team was going to give him a multi year deal.

Again, this is a thread about Khaira, I don't care about other whining about other things or bs, Khaira is have an outstanding season, and looks be cementing himself as an NHL player. That's a good thing for the franchise, Full Stop.

Reactions: TB12 and nabob

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
Well hopefully he fills some of Maroons boots. lets not forget Khaira has had extended looks with Drai and that was some tough sledding. His skillset honestly at this point seems more suited to bottomsix. Maybe it will change.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
Replacement, you weren't giving Pitlick a 3 year contract at the end of last season, and if you state that would, you're being dishonest. The team had the player for years, he barely played one complete season as a pro, there was NO way the team was going to give him a multi year deal.

Again, this is a thread about Khaira, I don't care about other whining about other things or bs, Khaira is have an outstanding season, and looks be cementing himself as an NHL player. That's a good thing for the franchise, Full Stop.

You're absolutely right. Not 3yrs due to the concerns with the injuries but I would have extended. Couldn't we go 1-2yrs?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
You're absolutely right. Not 3yrs due to the concerns with the injuries but I would have extended. Couldn't we go 1-2yrs?
They offered him a 1 year deal, but if you're Pitlick and the Stars offer you a 3 year deal, you absolutely have to sign that contract.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
It takes the player wanting to sign that also, would you take 3 years guaranteed or 1-2, the easy answer is 3

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Jujhar in essence made Maroon expendable. I have little doubt that if he were give the same opportunities as Maroon and Looch that he'd equal their production for a fraction of the cost. He is our first drafted power forward to succeed in eons.

Uh, what? Are you kidding? He's not as fast as either (which isn't saying much), has a worse shot than both and worse hands than Maroon. He's been impressive for us but he'd absolutely be drowning on McDavid's wing. There's no way he'd do as well as Maroon especially did.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Even if the Oilers match Dallas offer, Pitlick would have still walked. He wanted a fresh start. The season he's having proves it. Good on him

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Well hopefully he fills some of Maroons boots. lets not forget Khaira has had extended looks with Drai and that was some tough sledding. His skillset honestly at this point seems more suited to bottomsix. Maybe it will change.

Khaira, Strome and Drai had a good run but Drai wasn't able to carry the line and it went cold. He was then put back on McDavid's wing where he got hot again.

Wouldn't mind seeing Khaira given a chance in the spot that Maroon and now Lucic hold. Playing with McDavid on Drai. But now that Lucic scored I doubt he moves from that spot for the rest of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,500.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $700.00