NESN Judd Sirott named new voice of the Bruins

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
You forget... Emrick announced his retirement from broadcasting almost 4 years ago.
and where did he come to national prominence first..... if it wasn't for Doc.... you don't have PRISM New England now NBC Sports Boston.... Portland.... if the Flyers don't come here in 1977 who'd be Boston's ECHL Affiliate right now..... nevermind Providence as it's constituted doesn't exist the last 22 years....

Reactions: dabid

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Sirott was decent on the radio. Like some others I disliked his goal call and found his commentary to be a little one-dimensional, but he knows his stuff and did a solid job of letting you know what was happening without overselling it.

He's going to need to change some of his style and method for TV, but hopefully he's up to the task. Good luck to him.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Was hoping for Sean McDonough once Goucher was not the choice.

Sirott is above average and has good energy. Enjoyed his role in the Saturday hockey shows 98.5 hosts.

Could do worse, likely better as well but NESN is NESN. My gut says this is shorter term and in five years NESN is revamping the broadcast.

Eternally thankful not to have Faust.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
In fairness, I don't know this guy. I didn't want him, but will listen for a few games anyway.

I suspect I will be volume-free next season.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I thought they would go with Alex Faust, since he replaced Jack on occasion, just seemed like the easy transition and he was not bad.
When I asked my wife her opinion on a job that I did in painting a room in my basement/man-cave my wife said "not bad." I said, "Not bad, means not very good, you're trying to be kind but I can read between the lines."

"Not bad" = UGH!

I'm also glad it isn't Caron. I hope Judd can come up with a different goal call.
Some announcers simply yell "GOAL!" Or was that back in the '60s?

Last edited:

IveGotToBeMe

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
RI
When I asked my wife her opinion on a job that I did in painting a room in my man-cave my wife said "not bad." I said, "Not bad, means not very good, you're trying to be kind but I can read between the lines."

"Not bad" = UGH!
You obviously never learned how to paint a room as a husband. You hit the curtains on your first attempt, then she never asks you to paint again and hires a professional. No painting for life :D.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Ok. I can see that was an exhaustive search. Good job, Bruins.

So… who’s going to do radio play by play?
Last time the job was open, The Sports Hub network auditioned a number of people on-air during the preseason before naming Judd the broadcaster on the eve of the regular season. Ryan Johnston was one, and I anticipate he will get another opportunity. He has paid his dues on The Sports Hub and does a solid job hosting the hockey show. Last time, Johnston's audition game was the first preseason game when it's mostly AHLers, which is always a tough one to call (and, IIRC, Judd's game was against the Blackhawks).

I can guarantee you this will be a highly sought-after job.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
You obviously never learned how to paint a room as a husband. You hit the curtains on your first attempt, then she never asks you to paint again and hires a professional. No painting for life :D.
THAT sir, was my dad. He would "fill the brush up with as much oil paint (back in the day) and slop it on. Drove my mother crazy, he would have a puddle of paint all along the floor where ever he was painting moldings etc.
He did that sort of thing a lot, always set expectations low so that he wouldn't be asked to do it again, and he wasn't. Smart man.
I'm a good painter because a relative of my ex-wife was a painter so he taught me how to "cut in" etc.
My wife didn't like the color that I picked, her tastes in such things are different than mine. lol

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
No real reaction to this. Can we get a new color guy too? Brickley sucks.

I know this sounds stupid but can Sanderson do a few home games again?

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I thought he should have gotten it for putting in his time on radio. He and Beers were god together, plus Sat. mornings. Good choice IMO.
Brick is alright. I have no problem with him either. He gutted through a lot of years with Jacks painful coments and essays.

Last edited:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
edit: did not mean to reply this here, but yeah, still hopeful.

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Once Sirott was passed over again for Blackhawks TV this seemed like the likely outcome.

Faust is lined up to replace Sam Rosen on Rangers TV as Sam is turning 77 and has had some health issues. Sam wants one more Cup so

Reactions: DKH and CHRDANHUTCH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad