JT Miller Hit on Kevin Rooney

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Weird interaction that has an unfortunate result.

Miller was looking at breaking up the play and was already lining up Rooney, expecting him to have control. Rooney touches it and Millers reflexively retrieves it, but he's also in a direct path with Rooney and expects contact.

Miller braces himself/throws a reverse hit/whatever you want to call it and since Rooney didn't really have full control, he wasn't expecting to get nailed either. I have a hard time faulting Miller since you usually expect physical contact in those situations. Just an unfortunate result.

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
At live speed you can count it out.

Rooney touches it at the start of the video, the hit is as it becomes 2 seconds:

Literally in this clip, you cannot see the downed player on the ice. The fans who cheered thought the player got up already and didn't know he was there

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Yes, meaning that the delay is somewhere between 1 and 2 seconds (it could in theory be 1.99 seconds given what you have described). I am referring to the embedded video time. Contact is very close to it ticking to 2 seconds. I'd say the actual delay is something like 1.8 seconds.

On the game clock something like 12:26.9 to 12:25.1 makes sense with this.

You said it was 2 seconds because you "counted it out".

It's impossible to be two seconds.

Then you claimed it's between 1 and 2 seconds, but it could also be less than 1 second.

To me, it appears around one second.

One second between a puck touch and a hit is not uncommon. Say whatever else about the hit, but going after it for being late is silly.

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts

Then you claimed it's between 1 and 2 seconds, but it could also be less than 1 second.

One second between a puck touch and a hit is not uncommon. Say whatever else about the hit, but going after it for being late is silly.
wait are you twisting his words ?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

No, I said you can count it out at live speed in response to a poster saying that the only reason it looked late was because they thought the only video available was slow-motion.

Perhaps rounding up from 1.8 to 2 seconds is slightly misleading, but pretending that that 1.8 seconds is actually 1 second and then suggesting that because it's 1 second it's not late is far moreso.

Saying that a hit delivered almost two full seconds after a guy has lost the puck is late, let alone when another player has possession between losing the puck and the hit, is the furthest thing from being silly. The attempts to downplay what is obvious on video are silly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad