Prospect Info: Joshua Roy

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Lovely. The first drafted hometown guy in forever that isn't a bottom six plug and there has to be drama. Just like with Tender. Is Roy a big head? Doesn't matter, stop chasing guys with talent out of town then complaining the Brieres and the MSL's and the Lecavaliers don't want to sign here in their primes.

If there was an issue quietly take him out for one game and say disciplinary actions without getting specific.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
“Joshua Roy wasn’t told the date of the meet & greet autograph event” that he didn’t show up to yesterday, according to his agent. That’s not a good excuse, there’s literally an image with his face & the date & the location. The info can also easily be found online

I am now picturing star athletes googling the day and time of their upcoming events that they haven’t yet been informed of

Cubebrick

Mar 5, 2014
On 91.9, it went from "contract dispute" to "had no idea this event existed" within like 5 minutes. It was a contract dispute, then the agent mentioned to have never seen a contract, then he said Roy only acted according to what the agency told him and wasn't at fault (I believe that), then said there was a communication issue between both parties, then he went on to point out that he wasn't aware of any event.

I have a hard time believing that Roy purposefully put himself in this situation. But the agent appeared as one hell of a dumbass in this radio interview and didn't help the case at all. And of course, he was not challenged at all on his contradictions.

Reactions: montreal

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
On 91.9, it went from "contract dispute" to "had no idea this event existed" within like 5 minutes. It was a contract dispute, then the agent mentioned to have never seen a contract, then he said Roy only acted according to what the agency told him and wasn't at fault (I believe that), then said there was a communication issue between both parties, then he went on to point out that he wasn't aware of any event.

I have a hard time believing that Roy purposefully put himself in this situation. But the agent appeared as one hell of a dumbass in this radio interview and didn't help the case at all. And of course, he was not challenged at all on his contradictions.
To be honest if the owner has a contract signed by Roy in hands he would probably sue and would probably win. No reason not too i mean the reputation of your store is at play.

My little finger tells me such contract might not exist. I know the hockey world enough to know it's a world with many hearsay, stories, friends of friends of friends and people know know people but really don't know anyone. It's also a world with many scammers specially in the memorabilia and cards business and people who have a very low level of empathy toward others. It's an archaic world that would need a complete makeover if we want to be honest specially here in the province of Quebec.

So i'll choose to not believe anybody in this story until proofs are being provided and no Maxime "Ironik or whatever his stupid rap name was" Truman is not a reliable source not anywhere close to it. Nothing against the guy but i don't trust anybody who used to work for DLC.

Reactions: montreal

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Folks,

A reminder that off ice rumours aren’t allowed here. Unless you have a source, please don’t make posts surrounding a player’s ‘partying’ habits.

The event/non event story is fine. There’s a source for that and you can discuss as you wish.

But it’s not okay to imply or suggest that a player has substance abuse issues or is acting irresponsibly.

Reactions: LaP and Mrb1p

Cubebrick

Mar 5, 2014
To be honest if the owner has a contract signed by Roy in hands he would probably sue and would probably win. No reason not too i mean the reputation of your store is at play.

My little finger tells me such contract might not exist. I know the hockey world enough to know it's a world with many hearsay, stories, friends of friends of friends and people know know people but really don't know anyone. It's also a world with many scammers specially in the memorabilia and cards business and people who have a very low level of empathy toward others. It's an archaic world that would need a complete makeover if we want to be honest specially here in the province of Quebec.

So i'll choose to not believe anybody in this story until proofs are being provided and no Maxime "Ironik or whatever his stupid rap name was" Truman is not a reliable source not anywhere close to it. Nothing against the guy but i don't trust anybody who used to work for DLC.
I mean I dislike DLC and Truman as much as the next guy and I went on thinking there's no way Roy's side is at fault for this, yet after his interview I'm left with the impression that his agent is either ignorant or has dealt with this in the worst way possible.

His role this morning was to clear out the air and failed spectacularly imo.

Reactions: LaP and dinodebino

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Folks,

A reminder that off ice rumours aren’t allowed here. Unless you have a source, please don’t make posts surrounding a player’s ‘partying’ habits.

The event/non event story is fine. There’s a source for that and you can discuss as you wish.

But it’s not okay to imply or suggest that a player has substance abuse issues or is acting irresponsibly.
Yep thanks for that.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
We should start a podcast so we can challenge random media people.
We definitely should. We just have to create the most clickbait titles and we would make money.

Imagine this is a facebook post leading to our website.

Title on facebook post : There's a problem with Nick Suzuki and you wont believe it.

Actual article once you clicked on the facebook post clickbait title : talk about how Nick Suzuki is not playing well and how it could be because he is injured or maybe not maybe it's just something else in reality we don't really know but you know it's possible.

Now what's magic about that is because the province of Quebec used to be the home of "Photopolice" people would actually click on it and it would be recommanded to people like me for no f***ing reason and because facebook sucks and is for illiterate boomers like me then we don't know how to actually ignore a facebook group so we just snooze it for 30 days and after snoozing it for 30 years you would think facebook would not recommend that crap anymore but no no no it's coming back after 30 days baby it's HABSolutely coming back.

• Haha
Reactions: Mrb1p

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
We should start a podcast so we can challenge random media people.

I've had the concept for one penciled out for a while now. Unfortunately, I'm the sole entreprenerd of my friend group. I think being friends with me to begin with maxes out most people's risk appetite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad