Prospect Info: Joshua Roy

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
So his agent (Olivier Fortier) said Roy never was informed what the date of the event was? Smells like bullshit to me.

Anyways, this didn't need to be any sort of big deal had they come out right away with a response of some sort apologizing to all the fans that showed up specifying that there was a mix up with the date and time and that they will communicate a new date and time that he will show up on.

Regardless, it's a Monday morning and the news outlets are fishing for stories to attract listeners and readers.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
My bet is that Josh Roy finishes the year in MTL. Actually, I think he's part of the team by Christmas. He is too good for the AHL.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
So his agent (Olivier Fortier) said Roy never was informed what the date of the event was? Smells like bullshit to me.
It's usually the agent who inform their client of their schedule. If Roy was never informed, it's because Fortier never told him. It's also probably means Roy should start looking for a new agent.

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
It's usually the agent who inform their client of their schedule. If Roy was never informed, it's because Fortier never told him. It's also probably means Roy should start looking for a new agent.

Truman is saying Roy knew about it.
We'll see... but his agent wasn't very convincing. It reeked of damage control.
He might end up looking very bad trying to defend his client.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
There's a commentator who insists that Roy has a taste for partying a bit too much. I wonder if allegedly missing this date is another data point toward that assertion... in addition to his inexplicably tepid performance in training camp.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Management will not be happy with this.

Surely they're not. But it should also be clarified this isn't an event scheduled through the organization. It's not the Habs nor the Rocket who organized this.

Players are allowed to take bookings for autograph and picture sessions outside of the organization. In these cases, it's usually a store or promoter who arranges with the agent/player. As long as it doesn't conflict with the schedule of the team, players can take bookings and get paid for it.

Now even though it's an independent booking, the player(s) still represent the organization. So the Canadiens/Rocket are still not going to be happy about this even if it's not booked through them.

Reactions: dinodebino

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Seriously who cares

I CARE!!!

its-still (1).gif

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
The incident itself is not important. What COULD be is the fallout. Certain media types are going to dig deeper in the kid’s extracurricular hobbies. It’s Mtl. Then it could get uglier for the kid. Truman and his cronies are champs at the TMZ stuff.
Kid already carries a certain rep in the local hockey circles. That is not hearsay. That is exactly why he got drafted so late. Everbody knew in the Q, thus the reason why he got traded.
Even MSL alluded to Roy needing to be a pro hockey player on and off the ice.
Stupid noise for nothing. Again, Habs’ brass must not be happy.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
There are rumors that he's a big partier. Seems like he was out with Alexis Lafrenière saturday night. Just hearsay on BPM radio but still.

I get shit faced once every week-end and I can still have a job with responsabilities. I certainly dont judge him. But you have to "assume" like we say in french, be an adult and get up and do what you promised to do, or at least wake up and call to alert the people counting on you and apologize to them. It happens. I missed work because of hangovers before, but never skipped a shift without telling anyone.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The incident itself is not important. What COULD be is the fallout. Certain media types are going to dig deeper in the kid’s extracurricular hobbies. It’s Mtl. Then it could get uglier for the kid. Truman and his cronies are champs at the TMZ stuff.
Kid already carries a certain rep in the local hockey circles. That is not hearsay. That is exactly why he got drafted so late. Everbody knew in the Q, thus the reason why he got traded.
Even MSL alluded to Roy needing to be a pro hockey player on and off the ice.
Stupid noise for nothing. Again, Habs’ brass must not be happy.
The incident, if one wants to call it that, is fixable.

I’ve seen public figures and their expert handlers, always get ahead of a contentious item so that they control how the story is disseminated and limit the ensuing damage. Here, Roy’s agent reacted rather than act.

Roy’s agent appears to be woefully unprepared for the backlash. Add to that a sensationalist rapper-blogger who built a high revenue generating site by harping on these kind of stories and you get what we have now.

Reactions: Habs7631

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
This type of stuff happens. Nicholas Hague was scheduled to attend an event in Kitchener to show off the Stanley Cup and sign autographs. The event was supposed to be 3hrs but he bolted after 1hr. So when we showed up he had already left.

I'm not going to hold any ill will with Roy for this. Sucks, but whatever.

Mikah

Feb 19, 2018
Reactions: The Great Weal

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Not tryna diss anybody but BPM spanre catters to the absolute lowest of low village idiots . Its like L'Antichambre but a little more "Jeune et Branché"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad