Player Discussion Joshua Roy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Suzuki started on line 4. Roy can too. They have to showcase Anderson dvo and armia now. That will be the third line.
Yeah but showcase and if they don't score that much doesn't help raise their value. I hope they can redeem and score by their own cuz we have only 2 good centers with Su and Dach. Funny that Roy who is paid minimum salary could be the one who help those vets, raising their value.

What has Roy been working on over the summer?
I hope he's working on getting quicker.
He'll never have blazing speed but a quicker first step would do wonders for him.
He probably worked on everything but better speed could help him 4 sure.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
What has Roy been working on over the summer?
I hope he's working on getting quicker.
He'll never have blazing speed but a quicker first step would do wonders for him.
He's been working on improving his hockey IQ. Can't wait to see how good he is at training camp.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
He PKd in the WJC and in Sherby. The guy can do it all.

He's not gonna be playing bottom 6 though, he's firmly in the top 6 to me, we need a guy like him there.
That’s awesome. I don’t feel playing on a 2-way 3rd line and pk1 / pp2 in the nhl would be a bad thing though, and for the habs a step above a defense-first (or even no-way at all lol) 3rd line. Only 4 wingers per nhl team are on the top 6.

Like we talked in the Florian X thread, beating out Demidov, Laine, Caufield and Slaf feels like quite an ask. And well if he does that just means future habs are more stacked than I thought.

Lots of positive stories unfolding, so glad we’re talking about kids like Roy instead of Dadonov, Drouin, Hoffman… And hoping dudes like Gally or Anderson rebound…

Reactions: Rapala and Ozmodiar

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
That’s awesome. I don’t feel playing on a 2-way 3rd line and pk1 / pp2 in the nhl would be a bad thing though, and for the habs a step above a defense-first (or even no-way at all lol) 3rd line. Only 4 wingers per nhl team are on the top 6.

Like we talked in the Florian X thread, beating out Demidov, Laine, Caufield and Slaf feels like quite an ask. And well if he does that just means future habs are more stacked than I thought.

Lots of positive stories unfolding, so glad we’re talking about kids like Roy instead of Dadonov, Drouin, Hoffman… And hoping dudes like Gally or Anderson rebound…
This season I’d like to see a 3rd line of:
Newhook - Dvorak - Roy

… in preparation for next season when they launch the same line with Beck in the middle.

Put some trade bait on line 2 with Dach and Laine.

Reactions: Naslundforever

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
It will be Andy dvo and armia 3rd line. Roy has proven nothing and can move up from line 4 when possible.
Are you saying Anderson and Dvorak have proven they are superior to Roy? Have you watched hockey in the last 2 years?

Reactions: morhilane

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
This season I’d like to see a 3rd line of:
Newhook - Dvorak - Roy

… in preparation for next season when they launch the same line with Beck in the middle.

Put some trade bait on line 2 with Dach and Laine.
The only trade bait we have are Evans and Dvorak. Nobody is touching Anderson's and Gallagher's contract until there's a maximum of 1 year remaining and we can retain.

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
Roy is a very smart and strong player and quite good at maintaining possession. He'd pair well with Slaf and Dach for this reason, but I don't see this line happening at all. He's great at using the strengths of possession demons, even those with lesser offence awareness and make them better players. He would have been absolutely deadly with the Danault and Gallagher of years past if the ages had matched; I think he would have flirted with PPG

He's a bit of a headache in the lineup currently, I think he has a slightly higher offensive ceiling than Newhook, but the latter is much faster and is a left shot C/W hybrid who's further along his development curve. Newhook is the ideal partner for Dach as he became quite decent on the faceoffs (a notorious weakness of Dach) last season. I think barring a terrible showing from Newhook or an extraordinary one from Roy in the pre-season, the former will complete the 2nd line and Roy will play on the 3rd line. He's way too good to play on the 4th line though

I'd love him with Armia on the 3rd along with Dvorak. If Dvorak is finally healthy and plays for his last big contract, this could be an excellent 3rd line. Gallagher could do well instead of Armia here too if the latter struggles or is injured.

Roy should also definitely see some PP time. I'd love to see a 2nd wave of Laine or Caufield - Roy - Hutson, Guhle, Barron or Xhekaj - Dach - Dvorak.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Roy has elements to his game others don't possess so he isn't a redundant asset which is huge plus for him.
I'm very focused about looking at the sameness on our roster and understanding the lesser players will not be part of our future.
I said this two seasons ago we have a habit of falling in love with our tweeners but the time has come to upgrade asap.
With Gallagher and Anderson remaining firm fixtures it's not hard to see where the changes will eventually have to happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad