Joshua Ho-Sang, Center/Right-wing, 1st Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

nc1972

Jun 3, 2006
Bitter Pill

So I go out on a limb and convince my C.O.O that this is the right move for us and I lay off two guys to bring in this other guy, often maligned but I know he has huge upside. Things are progressing nicely and then he reverts back to being himself! I have put my neck on the line for him and he ***T's on me. Trading those two picks to move up to draft Ho-Sang was a statement. Garth said I believe in you kid when no one else did. And this is how he is repaid. I'm sorry but to all those who say lighten up your standards need to be raised. This team is trying to develop structure and accountability we aren't completely there yet but we are making progress. Like everyone else I have had my difference with some of Garth's decisions but on this issue I tip my hat to him.

JeffNYI

Jun 16, 2006
Those are really good points. For some reason, did they let him hang himself. My buddies would have been beating my door down.

If that was my friend I would have fireman carried him to the friggin dressing room... and I'd like to think my buddies would do the same for me..

I guess the roommate tried, but I would have preferred a story about how three or four rookies were *all* late because a few of them were carrying/dragging/marching a sleepy Ho-Sang in to NVMC - and a fan posted a video of it all on YouTube to prove it..

But AGAIN ... Ho-Sang is totally at fault and getting cut was the correct and only move and I applaud Snow's decision..

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
What is really frustrating are those from the outside looking in thinking this is the same old Ho-Sang.

Saying, this is why he dropped in the draft, this is the character issues that perpetuate and foreshow further short comings and that all the talent in the world wont excuse his attitude.

The kid was late, nothing more, nothing less. Irresponsible sure, but had he not been sent back to the OHL, no one blinks an eye

The punishment is what makes people believe that the crime was far more sever.

Honestly, Ho-Sang wasn't going to make the team and I am not the least bit surprised by the ramifications.

Parker Wotherspoon was sent back to the WHL today and I didn't "blink an eye."

When a 19 year old egomaniac with an already checkered resume who calls himself the best player in his draft doesn't have the common sense, maturity, and respect for his teammates to show up on time for a practice when EVERYONE else in the organization is there on time, then that is very noteworthy.

Seriously...you are dead on. The kid made a mistake and i guarantee as of tomorrow the Isles will forget about it and treat Ho-Sang like any other prospect they have. The discipline was handed down, Ho-Sang hopefully won't forget but the Organization will certainly put it in the past and he'll have another shot next camp to show he's ready to do this.

Fans need to do the same and drop it.

Really? The Isles have been making all their prospects run the stairs for three hours even when they're on time? Wow - Staple with an unbelievable scoop today! None of us had any idea they've been doing this all these years.

Garth Snow on Ho-Sang today: "Enough with the bull. It's time to grow up."

So the Islanders aren't going to "drop it," but the fans should? OK. I'll drop it when Ho-Sang gets his $&# together or the Islanders cut ties with him.

I think it's time for lots of fans here to wake up and realize that Ho-Sang is so much closer to Kirill Kabanov than Ryan Strome. That doesn't mean he can't get it together, but with each passing action he takes he's getting FURTHER from the NHL then closer to it.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
How did he not show up but then run the stairs at the Coli?

Probably stayed at Marriott. Practice is at iceworks. When they discovered him they probably had him go to the coli and run there. I'm sure isles still have people at coli

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
If he never showed then that's really bad. Maybe he was hungover like mad or something? Anyways, if he didn't show then there is no question as to why he was sent back

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
CPTdIuZUwAELyaf.jpg

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
first and foremost, i support their decision to send ho-sang down and punish him severely. i still have high hopes for ho-sang and hope he learns from this and has a great OHL season

i can't help but think that the isles PR machine is alive and well after keeping my eye on this saga....from staple tweeting details we normally would never hear about, to capuano actually sounding like a stern coach, and i think most obviously, JT saying what he said (he would normally never throw anyone under the bus), makes me think the general is still controlling the PR for this company

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
first and foremost, i support their decision to send ho-sang down and punish him severely. i still have high hopes for ho-sang and hope he learns from this and has a great OHL season

i can't help but think that the isles PR machine is alive and well after keeping my eye on this saga....from staple tweeting details we normally would never hear about, to capuano actually sounding like a stern coach, and i think most obviously, JT saying what he said (he would normally never throw anyone under the bus), makes me think the general is still controlling the PR for this company

Did you order the Code Red?

YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT I DID!!!

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Ok let me get this straight....

He was still in bed when team officials went to check on him. They had to wake him up after his roommate had earlier tried 'everything in his power' to get him outta bed.

So to me, it seems...

A) We have another Ryan Pilon on our hands. He just doesn't care about hockey.

Or

(Speculation with no link, Mod Edit)

Either way...we're screwed. I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict he's lost the passion to play & eventually quits the sport altogether.

Last edited by a moderator:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

He was still in bed when team officials went to check on him. They had to wake him up after his roommate had earlier tried 'everything in his power' to get him outta bed.

So to me, it seems...

Or

Either way...we're screwed. I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict he's lost the passion to play & eventually quits the sport altogether.

Not ragging on you, but there are quite a few rumors being posted with no links.

Can we posts links to backup these rumors? Separate what sources are saying from what fans are speculating?

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Not ragging on you, but there are quite a few rumors being posted with no links.

Can we posts links to backup these rumors? Separate what sources are saying from what fans are speculating?

His roommate tried to wake him up but could not.

Team officials had to go get him out of bed.

Art Staple reported both of those items today on twitter. So, I'm not sure I'd classify them as rumours. Stape is usually bang on. He wasn't speculating. It was an actual report.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

So to me, it seems...

Or

It is kind of odd. I wouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions though, but the kid didn't even show up. You have to wonder whether the committment to hockey is there or not. At least guys in the past have shown up and have just been late.

I know from personal experience that I would get anxiety when I had early practice in college and wake up before my alarm went off, and I didn't even fully enjoy playing the sport I played.

JHS is defnitely wired differently. At least I never had high expectations from him to begin with.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
It is kind of odd. I wouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions though, but the kid didn't even show up. You have to wonder whether the committment to hockey is there or not. At least guys in the past have shown up and have just been late.

I know from personal experience that I would get anxiety when I had early practice in college and wake up before my alarm went off, and I didn't even fully enjoy playing the sport I played.

JHS is defnitely wired differently. At least I never had high expectations from him to begin with.

Yup, that's just my opinion though. I think he's done...but I really hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad