Player Discussion: Joshua Bailey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What should we do with Bailey?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Oh yeah sure, I was just pointing out that Tavares never played under Trotz as coach.

....if he had, the Isles might have played in the SCF one of those years
You can never go with "if Tavares was here". He would have eaten 11mil in cap and Lee is probably elsewhere. Also, who knows if even JPG would be here either. Just way too many variables with that type of cap hit. We actually lucked out jmho. I really think Toronto fked up the whole situation when they signed him. Ruined their cap and that 11 million could have kept Kadri and added better goaltending.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
You can never go with "if Tavares was here". He would have eaten 11mil in cap and Lee is probably elsewhere. Also, who knows if even JPG would be here either. Just way too many variables with that type of cap hit. We actually lucked out jmho. I really think Toronto fked up the whole situation when they signed him. Ruined their cap and that 11 million could have kept Kadri and added better goaltending.

I really wanted the isles to trade JT at the deadline once he didnt resign. It made no sense to hold onto him. I think we avoided an albatross contract, but we also got screwed by losing a #1 center for nothing. Id imagine JT wouls have gotten a 1st+ a bluechip prospect at the deadline. Those 2 assets could have very well of put us over the top a couple of years ago. For that reason f*** Tavares.

JBHockey

Mar 12, 2012
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
I would waive him/send him down to the AHL. Maybe he needs a wakeup call to realize at 33 he needs to drop some weight and get into way better shape to play in the NHL.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Hate to say it but the wheels are off this year FOR SURE.

Sucks we didn't beat Tampa to cruise through Montreal but Bailey's time in the lineup is over.

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
Buy out incoming for the 23-24 season. Not sure the term Robidas Island fits here.
I don't think it's worth it to buyout his contract. He only has one year left, so it's not like we're going to get a lot of value for him. Plus, if we buyout his contract, we'll be stuck with his dead cap space for another year. However, if we could trade him, that would be a different story. We could get some value for him and avoid the dead cap space. It would be worth exploring a trade, but I don't think it's worth a buyout

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
It saves $1.6M, unless your plan is to have a 22 man roster

Typically you don't count the player replacing him against the savings but you're not wrong in that he'd need to be replaced. The same is true if he's bought out.

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
It bothers me when anyone describes another human being as trash. He is a good person from all accounts and has been a good player for the Islanders for most of his career. Whether he should be traded, benched, played on the first line vs fourth line is debatable, but he is not trash.
People are far more brave typing a text, an email or posting on a message board than they would be in a face to face conversation. That goes for comments regarding players and also comments about other posters.

It’s important to have an opinion. It’s even better to be nice. In other words, don’t be a d**k.

Kumbaya.

Last edited:

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
People are far more brave typing a text, an email or posting on a message board than they would be in a face to face conversation. That goes for comments regarding players and also comments about other posters.

It’s important to have an opinion. It’s even better to be nice. In other words, don’t be a d**k.

Kumbaya.
Very true. Even though I know you are talking about me.

I've met a number of posters from here before and everyone was cool to hang with. Even Bway Jay if you could believe it. He was a tool as a poster, but def a good dude watching a game at a bar.. (and he's a lawyer). Same goes in emails in corporate world -- total ahole email, and in person nice as can be. Interesting phenomenon.

That being said, I've never met Mr. Joshua, nor do I intend on ever having words with him. Better off for the both of us.

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Very true. Even though I know you are talking about me.

I've met a number of posters from here before and everyone was cool to hang with. Even Bway Jay if you could believe it. He was a tool as a poster, but def a good dude watching a game at a bar.. (and he's a lawyer). Same goes in emails in corporate world -- total ahole email, and in person nice as can be. Interesting phenomenon.

That being said, I've never met Mr. Joshua, nor do I intend on ever having words with him. Better off for the both of us.
It wasn’t specifically directed at you. I’ve been meaning to get that off my chest for a while and I guess you were in the line of fire.

As for JB, I’ve never been a fan. I would’ve traded him on the cheap a couple of years ago if there was even a sniff of interest in him from other teams. That’s the world’s biggest “if”.

At this point I’d trade him on the offseason attaching no more than a second rounder and a B prospect. If that doesn’t work then maybe a buyout. He could ride the bench I suppose but sending this lifelong Islander to ride the bus in Bridgeport is too demeaning in my mind considering his history with the team.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
“Bailey, meanwhile, was the only Islanders player who didn’t record a single shot attempt in 11:40 of ice time. Lambert said the reason he turned to Bailey was to “get in a fresh body” for the second of a back-to-back, but that body didn’t seem to have much of a pulse.”

Reactions: Bones45

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
“Bailey, meanwhile, was the only Islanders player who didn’t record a single shot attempt in 11:40 of ice time. Lambert said the reason he turned to Bailey was to “get in a fresh body” for the second of a back-to-back, but that body didn’t seem to have much of a pulse.”
And he managed to lose noted speedster Kyle Okposo on the Sabres’s first goal.

At this point Bailey is a net negative for the Islanders. If the only choices for 12th forward are him or Holmstrom I’ll take Holmstrom every time.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Complete rubbish

• Haha
Reactions: Big L

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
The guy's donezo
Agreed. It's amazing the way Lambert has to use Bailey in order not to upset the chemistry that Nelson has with Palmieri and Pageau has with Parise and Fasching. Bailey goes from a 6 game healthy scratch to the 1st line, and then 1st line to 4th line after half a game. He's a square peg in a round hole. There's just no place for him here anymore.

Reactions: MarsTBOW and NYI365

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A

The guy's donezo

yellow-octopus-Funny-Party-Meme-8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad