Player Discussion Josh Norris (C) 6’-1” - Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I wonder if it's the same people who in the offseason were saying we need to give Norris extra time to make sure he's 100% that are now complaining when the team says they have a plan and are erring on the side of caution even though he's feeling good and doing well.

There really hasn't been any indication that there is a problem, the team has proactively decided to take it slow, I don't know how big a difference taking it slow vs treating him like everyone else really would make in the last week of a 6 month recovery schedule, but it's what they've chosen to do.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Once again, I will place my trust in management as they are more aware of the situation than we are.
Well absolutely and also we don’t have any other choice.

But he is not 100% as we were told. Which again. Is fine and the reality of the sports world. But we are in a sports discussion board lol

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

But he is not 100% as we were told. Which again. Is fine and the reality of the sports world. But we are in a sports discussion board lol
when were we told that? that he is not 100% ?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

What are you basing this on?

Seems like they are in the evaluation stage, they are ramping up his activities to see how he responds, so far it doesn't look like there has been any negative feedback.

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
Reporters saying everything is fine and this is all planned

Mick telling everyone to chill because this is the plan

This doesn't feel familiar at all :sarcasm:

Now obviously Norris didn't have an admitted set back and he didn't start camp in a no contact jersey but I understand the worry some have until we actually see him in game action and a full participant

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Reporters saying everything is fine and this is all planned

Mick telling everyone to chill because this is the plan

This doesn't feel familiar at all :sarcasm:

Now obviously Norris didn't have an admitted set back and he didn't start camp in a no contact jersey but I understand the worry some have until we actually see him in game action and a full participant

Both those tweets were before Norris tweaked his shoulder and had a setback (happened in October). So reporters reporting that things are going fine before they don't isn't really the gotcha you think it is.

Nothing was wrong last time until something went wrong. Right now, nothing has gone wrong. Acting like this is just a precursor to something going wrong is re-writing how last year went.

Norris didn't even shed the non-contact jersey until the 6th day of camp last year, just a day or two before that Mendes Tweet.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Both those tweets were before Norris tweaked his shoulder and had a setback (happened in October). So reporters reporting that things are going fine before they don't isn't really the gotcha you think it is.

Nothing was wrong last time until something went wrong. Right now, nothing has gone wrong. Acting like this is just a precursor to something going wrong is re-writing how last year went.

Norris didn't even shed the non-contact jersey until the 6th day of camp last year, just a day or two before that Mendes Tweet.
So you dont think after another surgery since a minor tweak after he was apparently 100 percent last time isnt something to worry about after missing two practice days and still not dressing for an exhibition game?

It was naive to begin with to expect him to be back this year and healthy to what he was before the injuries.

Now he isnt playing again and you're saying theres nothing to worry about.

Personally I dont have him on the team I dont consider him a piece moving forward. If he is great but to count on it... Well thats up to you.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
If he's 100% healthy, what exactly is there to err on the side of caution?

Really looking forward to him actually being healthy as demonstrated by extended play on ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad