Player Discussion Josh Norris (C) 6’-1” - Part 3

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I don't care if he's Gandhi and Mother Teresa's lovechild, if he only has one shoulder that works and he's being paid $8M a year for 8 years, you take the opportunity that a bounce-back season offers and you trade him.

A cap world doesn't allow a lot of room for sentiment.

players you would of traded in the prime of their career because of injury:

Mario Lemieux
Sidney Crosby
Erik Karlsson
Daniel Alfredsson

You’re so hard core

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Maybe the other surgeon who did the first 2 surgeries didn't do a good job?
That's a possibility but I doubt it. My understanding of stem cells is that they regenerate the damaged tissue to where it's new again where surgery is reattaching something back together and forcing the healing to take place. It's like the difference in becoming sick and your body learning how to fight off the virus as opposed to an antibiotic that speeds up the process but isn't stored in your DNA for future illnesses.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
5256f3[1].gif

Just gotta believe brother.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
That's a possibility but I doubt it. My understanding of stem cells is that they regenerate the damaged tissue to where it's new again where surgery is reattaching something back together and forcing the healing to take place. It's like the difference in becoming sick and your body learning how to fight off the virus as opposed to an antibiotic that speeds up the process but isn't stored in your DNA for future illnesses.
Your way oversimplifying.

Reactions: Dionysus

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
that’s how you don’t learn.

Ok, let me put it this way.

You clearly believe that Josh Norris is a generational future HHoF talent based on that post of yours.

And I happen to disagree with that absurd notion.

Am I correct? Or were you in fact employing pointless hyperbole?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Ok, let me put it this way.

You clearly believe that Josh Norris is a generational future HHoF talent based on that post of yours.

And I happen to disagree with that absurd notion.

Am I correct? Or were you in fact employing pointless hyperbole?
Tarasenko us 3 shoulders surgeries, almost sued the Blues and has 2 Cups now. Fans were happy when Spezza was traded because they thought he had a bad back - stupid.

All players get injured. Check out Alfie at the beginning of his career, Vermette, Chris Phillips had lots of injuries early too

if your attitude is anger towards young good players because they get injured and you want them out just for the sake of getting rid of them because they are injured - that’s a culture that you’ll never win with. Injury are a part of sports.

And if Norris scores 400 more goals he’ll be in the HOF. Joe Pavalski did and Norris can do it too - so yes Norris has HOF a potential if he has a long career

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
iif your attitude is anger towards young good players because they get injured and you want them out just for the sake of getting rid of them because they are injured - that’s a culture that you’ll never win with. Injury are a part of sports - your attitude is s

Who is angry here?

You seem to be the only one who is angry.

Either way, I’m rooting for Josh Norris to recover. Why wouldn’t I?

We maximize his value in a trade or he becomes a useful player for the team.

Reactions: bicboi64

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Fans were happy when Spezza was traded because they thought he had a bad back - stupid.

He did have a bad back and he never as good as he was before his chronic back injuries.

I liked Volchenkov a great deal but it was clear that his body was breaking down and thankfully it was New Jersey that took the risk by signing him when they did and not Ottawa.

Jonathan Cheechoo was a 50 goal scorer whose surgeries ruined him as a competitive player.

And if Norris scores 400 more goals he’ll be in the HOF. Joe Pavalski did and Norris can do it too - so yes Norris has HOF a potential if he has a long career

It’s just that simple!

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Who is angry here?

You seem to be the only one who is angry.

Either way, I’m rooting for Josh Norris to recover. Why wouldn’t I?

We maximize his value in a trade or he becomes a useful player for the team.

I’m glad you changed your outlook - best thing for this team is a 100% healthy Josh Norris playing out his entire contract

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I’m glad you changed your outlook - best thing for this team is a 100% healthy Josh Norris playing out his entire contract

It’s the same outlook.

If he’s still playing below the level when he signed that contract, and someone else is willing to take on that risk, you make the trade depending on the cost to do it.

If he looks like the same guy as he was, great, we hold on to him as you say.

Reactions: bicboi64

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
I remember Tank getting 2 shoulder surgeries while in St. Louis, was really pissed at the Blues. He then got the 3rd surgery with a new surgeon and has been good ever since. Norris' 3rd surgery was done by the same surgeon Tank used for his successful surgery so there's reason to be hopeful IMO.
Instability after the surgery suggests it wasn't 100% successful for a pro athlete, but would still have been done correctly for the average individual.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad