Player Discussion Josh Norris (C) 6’-1” - Part 3

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I think you are keeping too many guys.

You listed 10. The 10 most significant. Add Chychrun.

Now, when the coach says there's a compete problem, I doubt he's talking only about the bottom. So the question is how many on your list does he feel have compete issues?

I'd start with Chabot. And when I said I think the rest are salvageable, well I think that meaning is pretty clear.

But who could be traded realistically?

Stutzle (22) : the guy just turned 22 y/o and is one of the very few players to score 90 pts at such a young age in the last 30+ years. He is our most skilled forward and if we were trading him, we'd need it to be for a very high impact player on a good contract with term

Sanderson (21) : very much like Stutzle, so young and so much potential

Greig (21) : the guy is a rookie and has proved to be a highly useful player in all facets of the game

Pinto (23) : could it be him? I doubt it. He only played 1 full season

Joseph (27) : Don't see any point in trading him for what he brings for 2.95 AAV and only has 2 more years

Giroux (36) : the type of veteran this team really needs more of, only has one more year and seems to want to finish his career home

Zub (28) : he is a rare commodity, a RHD who is good defensively, we need to clone him, not trade him

Batherson (25) : our 2nd most skilled forward, provides great offense for only 4.975 AAV, only 3 more years too

So basically the guys we COULD trade are Tkachuk, Norris (injury problems) and/or Chabot?

If you trade Chabot, keep Chychrun and use Chabot's cap space to buy out Korpisalo and hire a RHD, ok but the team transition and play driving would be hurt by Chabot's departure

I answered your question when you asked it and with "salvageable" I even touched on an explanation why I answered it that way. My guess is you didn't understand because you didn't try to understand. You should try to understand rather than throw around a bunch of laughing emojis.

Here's another emoji when you start with your crap : :facepalm:

Reactions: Loach

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
But who could be traded realistically?

Stutzle (22) : the guy just turned 22 y/o and is one of the very few players to score 90 pts at such a young age in the last 30+ years. He is our most skilled forward and if we were trading him, we'd need it to be for a very high impact player on a good contract with term

Sanderson (21) : very much like Stutzle, so young and so much potential

Greig (21) : the guy is a rookie and has proved to be a highly useful player in all facets of the game

Pinto (23) : could it be him? I doubt it. He only played 1 full season

Joseph (27) : Don't see any point in trading him for what he brings for 2.95 AAV and only has 2 more years

Giroux (36) : the type of veteran this team really needs more of, only has one more year and seems to want to finish his career home

Zub (28) : he is a rare commodity, a RHD who is good defensively, we need to clone him, not trade him

Batherson (25) : our 2nd most skilled forward, provides great offense for only 4.975 AAV, only 3 more years too

So basically the guys we COULD trade are Tkachuk, Norris (injury problems) and/or Chabot?

If you trade Chabot, keep Chychrun and use Chabot's cap space to buy out Korpisalo and hire a RHD, ok but the team transition and play driving would be hurt by Chabot's departure

Here's another emoji when you start with your crap : :facepalm:
You're going to have to do better than this if you want your Crown back.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but to be fair to SS, he has a bit more history and experience in a FO capacity than that.

Alas, we are where we are. Staios as a hire was called by a number of insiders so I guess it's not surprising, how it all turned out.

He's not what I wanted either - I would much rather we have a GM with a proven track record. Much like the players on our team, I think we may suffer for not having a lineage of NHL experience within the FO, but at least Poulin is there to provide some measure of it.

I am ultimately tired of this team being a proving ground for first timers.
What is an FO?

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
If another surgery required that could be devastating for his career. I suspect a conversation about hanging them up on LTIR to ensure quality of life in later years may take place if that’s the case. May be best scenario for everyone unless the prognosis is full recovery without pain.

Let’s hope not for the players sake and he has a full recovery and return to form. Letting go of your dream this early would be brutal

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
If another surgery required that could be devastating for his career. I suspect a conversation about hanging them up on LTIR to ensure quality of life in later years may take place if that’s the case. May be best scenario for everyone unless the prognosis is full recovery without pain.

Let’s hope not for the players sake and he has a full recovery and return to form. Letting go of your dream this early would be brutal
Brutal sure, but in the grand scheme of things he is well positioned to be wealthy for the rest of his life already, with all the time in the world to start a new path.

Not a bad spot to be in at all once the emotional dust settles. Hard to really feel ‘bad’ for the guy per se.

Reactions: Cosmix and bicboi64

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
What a stroke of luck that the one pro season he wasn’t dealing with a shoulder injury Dorion locks him up to an 8x8

Good for him I guess, but he’ll never be the same player again

Reactions: bicboi64

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

That's 3 on the same shoulder ... not sure of the specifics. I remember Simmer being concerned about the extension saying the shoulder was a risk.

Reactions: K1900L

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad