Value of: Josh Mahura

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Restricted free agent who has been a scratch for most of the playoffs.

Any chance he receives a qualifying offer and if not what type of interest does he draw from other teams?

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I could see him having a little bit of interest from other teams as a cheap project/depth filler. He was looking promising prior to stepping backward and falling a bit behind the depth chart this year.

He's still not super old and has a ton of mobility with some puck moving potential.

I'd think Florida qualify him. Maybe they move him to replenish a later round pick/prospect. Might just keep him, depending on what they do with the rest of their defence.

Only reason i could see Florida not bothering with a QO is if they're worried about an arb award below that walk-away threshold. Which, i can't see Mahura getting into the range that's concerning for that. But they might not even want him if it rings in north of that QO number by much at all.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
Not sure he has much value at all. He’s a depth piece and every team has their own players like him who are already just trying to avoid the waiver wire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad