Recalled/Assigned: Josh Ho-Sang assigned to Bridgeport *Sent Down to BST 12/15*

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
Its amazing how everyone was in love with JHS last year but now find him useless. He is he product of ISLES development issues. You can tell he is afraid to make a mistake now and
has lost the creativity that made him exciting. He needs to regain confidence but they could ruin another prospect with mismanagement. Include Beauvillier in that group as well.
People who thought that Barzal & Eberle were going to be the difference makers are still clueless that this teams D & Goaltenders are AVG . Unfortunately the system is not stocked with great
prospects and Reinhart / MDC misses set us back a few years. Unfortunately, we need to re-tool a bit and shed some of that 4th / 3rd line salary and find out fast if JT is here or gone because
this wont be a STAMKOS thing were he signs back with his original team.

Reactions: YesCubed

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Kane won't be on a roster with Ladd, just not going to happen.

I'd be okay with sending Beauvillier down with Ho-Sang. Let them play together down there and regain some confidence. What has to happen is Cizikas and Clutterbuck need to be moved up to the 3rd line with Nelson. Then roll Chimera, Quine, and Prince on that bottom line for 8 minutes a night. That's it.

Do we want to see Cal Clutterbuck on a 3rd line, I think Lady jane played more intensely though with Cizikas, like the idea of Ladd moving down to the line if we make an acquisition for Maroon, Maroon is great when he is the non-talent mixed with the talent

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
He needs to get stronger. So does Beauvillier. Both should be in Bridgeport. There's nothing wrong with developing your game in the AHL while in early 20's.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Yay!!

Now trade for a defenseman.....

The thing is.. what dman is really killing us, I mean Hickey Mouse is not in the building and Seids is drinking vermouth in the luxury box... not sure sure they are the problem as much as goaltending and defensive play of the forwards. I love Lee, but he always leaves his man open, a lot of goals are scored against that line, and that is just a systemic fix

Reactions: bigtim1988

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Do we want to see Cal Clutterbuck on a 3rd line, I think Lady jane played more intensely though with Cizikas, like the idea of Ladd moving down to the line if we make an acquisition for Maroon, Maroon is great when he is the non-talent mixed with the talent

I think Clutterbuck is fine for the 3rd line, especially compared to the alternatives. Put all the crap on one line and just never play them.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I think Clutterbuck is fine for the 3rd line, especially compared to the alternatives. Put all the crap on one line and just never play them.

I think we would be better with Ladd/Cizikas/Lady Jane on the 3rd if we got a Maroon and then you can play Chimera/Beau, Fritz, Quine, Bernier, or Gnome/Clutter as a 4th line for 12 minutes

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Ho-Sang is belonging on the roster alot more others, he creates a spark, he has some flaws, but his positives outweigh his flaws, sending him to the minors is going to do nothing as far as his flaws he needs to correct

Reactions: YesCubed

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Would prefer Marchessault to Maroon

I see many guys posting about players on the Vegas roster(not just here but also on the main board). What makes anyone think Vegas is going to sell off? They are having an awesome season and have a better record then the Islanders. How about if they said they should look into acquiring Lee from the Islanders as he would be perfect for the playoffs!

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I see many guys posting about players on the Vegas roster(not just here but also on the main board). What makes anyone think Vegas is going to sell off? They are having an awesome season and have a better record then the Islanders. How about if they said they should look into acquiring Lee from the Islanders as he would be perfect for the playoffs!

I dono..I just said that I prefer him over Maroon. Vegas has a buttload of prospects..in fact, I would prefer Perron over Marchessault...he's probably easier to move. Everything on this board is speculation...unless staff member said that a player was on the market to the media...we can assume no team wants to trade any of their players.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Its amazing how everyone was in love with JHS last year but now find him useless. He is he product of ISLES development issues. You can tell he is afraid to make a mistake now and
has lost the creativity that made him exciting. He needs to regain confidence but they could ruin another prospect with mismanagement. Include Beauvillier in that group as well.
People who thought that Barzal & Eberle were going to be the difference makers are still clueless that this teams D & Goaltenders are AVG . Unfortunately the system is not stocked with great
prospects and Reinhart / MDC misses set us back a few years. Unfortunately, we need to re-tool a bit and shed some of that 4th / 3rd line salary and find out fast if JT is here or gone because

I don't think he's lost creativity at all. If anything, he's not experienced enough to know when to be creative and when to make a less risky play. He also needs to learn when to pass and when to shoot.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY

Yay, another "Majormet fetishizing a player to the point of being used above his capability" scenario.

Moving Ladd of the 2nd line for Patrick f***ing Maroon is asinine. The 2nd line is playing well. You're gonna mess with that so Patrick f***ing Maroon can get 2nd line minutes?

Reactions: Eberzal

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Who's Ho-Sang bunking with? He needs proper guidance...nothing about his abilities are wrong..it's mostly just guidance and experience he needs..

BossyMVP

Die SABRES die
Jun 27, 2011
Long Island

Pretty sure Isles had nothing to do with the development that everytime Joshy cuts, he falls and gives away the puck. Pretty sure the development team has nothing to do with him taking 2:30 shifts either.

BossyMVP

Die SABRES die
Jun 27, 2011
Long Island

Pretty sure Isles had nothing to do with the development that everytime Joshy cuts, he falls and gives away the puck. Pretty sure the development team has nothing to do with him taking 2:30 shifts either.

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
LOL now we are blaming the Islanders development system on JHS's turnovers. Come on enough with the BS excuses. Hes young, hes making mistakes and they've been costly. So let him develop more. There is nothing wrong with his development and there is nothing wrong with sending him back down. He is a major talent that needs to learn how to use skills properly at this level.

Reactions: dood and PROMputt

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
There is a major difference between the last time we sent down a promising young prospect to the Bridge and today. Cappy sending Strome down seemed more as a straight up punishment for bad play compared to Weight sending JHS down because he knows that he needs help.

It's apparent that JHS can play in the NHL and there isn't any issue with attitude or hustle. He's overthinking the game and has lost confidence. Go down, work on some things, play the more simple game that got you here, gain some confidence and you'll be back up soon. This is absolutely the right move.

Reactions: PROMputt

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Oh yes....REMEMBER what is being said..people HAVE to stop forgetting.

This has been mentioned many times over the period.

Too many rookies on a team doesn't build a winner..sure, some will be beneficial..JT and to a certain extend Barzal...others like McDavid..Mathews..

The thing is..99.99% of players aren't like that..they are gonna make stupid mistakes and many of them..one rookie at a time is probably the most a team can handle and still be on course.

we have soooo many players (especially D) that have little to no experience. That's just asking for trouble..

We can't expect to play and hold a high level all the time.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
So talented but just needs to learn the simple things that are so important. I think he will be fine.

He is very talented, but does he have the hockey iq to become an elite player? I really don't know at this point. He has great hands, he's a very good skater, with great vision. But he makes so many horrible turnovers, doesn't seem to know when to shoot, and has poor defensive coverage.

To me his weaknesses all scream experience or a lack of hockey iq, or some combination of both.

I like Hosang, but I don't think he will ever be a top line player.

JeffNYI

Jun 16, 2006
His "emergency" recall was changed to a regular recall almost 4 weeks to the day wasn't it?

I think teams only have like 28 days they can stick a player in a hotel.. after that they have to be told they're staying for good and get a place to live, or send them back..

They can be sent back after with the team picking up the housing cost... and I know paying a few grand in rent is peanuts to an NHL team, but it's not the way to treat a guy.. "Hey go get a place!" then 8 days later sending him to the AHL...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad