Josh Anderson M-NTC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which teams are in no trade list of Josh Anderson?

• Calgary

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • San Jose

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Winnipeg

Votes: 27 84.4%
  • Columbus

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Edmonton

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Utah

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Buffalo

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Toronto

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Other

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The thing that I would worry about with Anderson is if he were to be on a good line he may get you 20-25 goals, but miss a ton more, and kill plays with his bad puck skills. So he may not be the right fit. So where does he fit? I don't know. I definitely feel comfortable with him doing a good job on a 4th line with Evans and Gallagher. But it would be hard for him to produce from there. I like Roy - Newhook/Dvo - Armia best as a 3rd line. And of those 4, the one that isn't on that line is next to Laine and Dach.
When you get top line minutes and PP time and produce 9 goals I think the ship has sailed hoping for Anderson to produce on any line.

Reactions: the

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
When you get top line minutes and PP time and produce 9 goals I think the ship has sailed hoping for Anderson to produce on any line.
I don't see him getting PP minutes anymore. If he get his scoring touch back, he could be useful against 3rd pairing defensemen and could create some space for Roy on the third.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I don't see him getting PP minutes anymore. If he get his scoring touch back, he could be useful against 3rd pairing defensemen and could create some space for Roy on the third.
He has the size, speed and shot. What he needs to do is fight Dmen for space and score some dirty goals. Damn he once scored 27 goals in a season...what happened?

Reactions: GrandBison

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

You are saying this in the Montréal Canadiens forum, where it should be expected that a lot of the people, you know, watch the games, so why would you make something up that is so obviously false when you know everyone will be able to spot right away that it's a fabrication?

Josh Anderson 9th among forwards for time on ice, and you're here claiming he got "top line minutes." I mean ... why? Why make that up?

Last edited:
Reactions: Habnot

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
You are saying this in the Montréal Canadiens forum, where it should be expected that a lot of the people are, you know, watch the games, so why would you make something up that is so obviously false when you know everyone will be able to spot right away that it's a fabrication?

Josh Anderson 9th among forwards for time on ice, and you're here claiming he got "top line minutes." I mean ... why? Why make that up?
He started the year on the top 2 lines with PP time. It dwindled throughout the year as his play wasn't improving. Listen man I watch the games I don't need people throwing stats when you see how bad he played last season. Maybe his ice time started to dwindle after having a 30 game goalless streak.

Sorry...never mind...Josh Anderson had an amazing year and could have scored a 10th goal had he received top 6 minutes the entire season...happy?

• Love

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Anderson has never been a legitimate top 6 player. He is maybe a 3rd line player who should play a hard north south game.

Again you're just gonna make something up?

Just to be clear, you don't think that Josh Anderson scoring 27-goals and 49 points for the Jackets in 2018-19 was the performance of a Top-6 player?

Grossly exaggerating your claims doesn't make your point better, it makes you look like a liar at worst and misinformed at best.

If he can do that playing bottom line minutes I will be impressed. What was the excuse last season? Didn't he go 30 games without a goal? What makes him rebound from a 9 goal season?

Just throwing this out there: Maybe playing with a legitimate NHL centre would help?

• Haha

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
He started the year on the top 2 lines with PP time. It dwindled throughout the year as his play wasn't improving. Listen man I watch the games I don't need people throwing stats when you see how bad he played last season. Maybe his ice time started to dwindle after having a 30 game goalless streak.

Right. So you believe when someone says a player had "top line minutes" it means that one time he played on the top line?

Are you serious with this?

Instead of admitting you were wrong and were way off on his ice time, you actually expect us to believe that what you meant was he played on the top line at one point last year?

Are you for real?

And you're telling me that you don't need people "throwing stats?" You realize my post was a response to the stats that you gave, that you made up.

And then after all that, you want to shift the goalposts and pretend the post was about whether Josh Anderson played well last season?

What's going on here?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Right. So you believe when someone says a player had "top line minutes" it means that one time he played on the top line?

Are you serious with this?

Instead of admitting you were wrong and were way off on his ice time, you actually expect us to believe that what you meant was he played on the top line at one point last year?

Are you for real?

And you're telling me that you don't need people "throwing stats?" You realize my post was a response to the stats that you gave, that you made up.

And then after all that, you want to shift the goalposts and pretend the post was about whether Josh Anderson played well last season?

What's going on here?
Do yourself a favor and start a poll on this site and ask people what they thought of how horrible Josh Anderson was last year. You might be surprised that you will not like the results.
I didn't shift the goal posts- my initial thoughts on Anderson was that he couldn't score on any line, couldn't score on the PP, rarely stood up for teammates and basically was an absolute waste of cap space. If you aren't going to score at least contribute in other ways.

Did I make up the fact that he didn't score in his first 30 games despite getting top 6 minutes and PP time?
Maybe his ice time was 9th best on the team. Once he was removed from the PP and never killed penalties it makes sense that his ice time dwindled.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Do yourself a favor and start a poll on this site and ask people what they thought of how horrible Josh Anderson was last year. You might be surprised that you will not like the results.

Oh boy.

You are now having a debate with yourself. I have no clue why you are telling me about this poll. At no point did I, or anybody actually, in this thread say Josh Anderson was good last year.

You literally already tried to move the goal posts to this in your last response, and I told you then that you were shifting the goalposts. Nobody is disputing that Josh Anderson was lousy last year.

I have taken exception to two claims you have made in this thread. 1) You said Josh Anderson had "top line minutes." I corrected you and told you he actually ranked 9th in forward ice time, you know, third line minutes. 2) You claimed that Josh Anderson has never been a top-6 player and I pointed out he had a 27-goal, 47-point season which would be awfully difficult to achieve playing in the bottom six.

Did I make up the fact that he didn't score in his first 30 games despite getting top 6 minutes and PP time?

Again, you are arguing with yourself now. Nobody has made any mention of a 30-game drought except you. If you just want to argue with yourself, you don't need the internet.

To be clear, before you start asking other random questions not connected to what we're talking about, let me recap: The things you made up in this thread 1) Josh Anderson had top line minutes for the Canadiens last year and 2) Josh Anderson was never a Top 6 Forward.

Those are the two things. Nothing else (so far.)

Maybe his ice time was 9th best on the team. Once he was removed from the PP and never killed penalties it makes sense that his ice time dwindled.

First of all, not maybe, it's a fact, not an opinion, that Josh Anderson was 9th in ice time for forwards. Secondly, why are you explaining to me why his ice time was low? I'm the one that told you he had low ice time, you're the one claiming he had "topline minutes."

It's one thing to argue with yourself, it's a whole other thing to get confused about what side you are on.

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Oh boy.

You are no having a debate with yourself. I have no clue why you are telling me about this poll. At no point did I, or anybody actually, in this thread say Josh Anderson was good last year.

You literally already tried to move the goal posts to this in your last response, and I told you then that you were shifting the goalposts. Nobody is disputing that Josh Anderson was lousy last year.

I have taken exception to two claims you have made in this thread. 1) You said Josh Anderson had "top line minutes." I corrected you and told you he actually ranked 9th in forward ice time, you know, third line minutes. 2) You claimed that Josh Anderson has never been a top-6 player and I pointed out he had a 27-goal, 47-point season which would be awfully difficult to achieve playing in the bottom six.

Again, you are auguring with yourself now. Nobody has made any mention of a 30-game drought except you. If you just want to argue with yourself, you don't need the internet.

To be clear, before you start asking other random questions not connected to what we're talking about, let me recap: The things you made up in this thread 1) Josh Anderson had top line minutes for the Canadiens last year and 2) Josh Anderson was never a Top 6 Forward.

Those are the two things. Nothing else (so far.)

First of all, not maybe, it's a fact not an opinion, that Josh Anderson was 9th in ice time for forwards. Secondly, why are you explaining to me why his ice time was low? I'm the one that told you he had low ice time, you're the one claiming he had "topline minutes."

It's one thing to argue with yourself, it's a whole other thing to get confused about what side you are on.
Man it must be amazing to be so brilliant and have the capacity to break down posts like this. I am a fan who made an opinion on Josh Anderson that you felt you had to correct. Outstanding work. I never ignore posters but I have a difficult time with holier than though posters who know it all, people who are also condescending. I am moving on from this. Please feel free to dissect my inaccuracies in this post since you are very adept at doing that.

Reactions: FerrisRox

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Arpon Basu saying Josh Anderson spent every day of the summer working on his game with Adam Nicholas.

Said some youth were there consistently. So vets like Savard and Suzuki popped in and out. But Anderson was a vet that was there every day.
Anderson coming back from major injury last year, I highly doubt he was ready. HAS is nasty. He was injured under old medical staff which didn't have good track record.
He's also 30, which is old for physical players. Up in the air about Anderson.

Glad to hear he worked hard with Nicholas. He has speed to burn, closes gap quicker than any Hab I can remember. Makes him aggressive on forecheck, Puts pressure on D. If he is back to 20 goal self it'd be a shot in arm to team.

Reactions: GrandBison

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Anderson coming back from major injury last year, I highly doubt he was ready. HAS is nasty. He was injured under old medical staff which didn't have good track record.
He's also 30, which is old for physical players. Up in the air about Anderson.

Glad to hear he worked hard with Nicholas. He has speed to burn, closes gap quicker than any Hab I can remember. Makes him aggressive on forecheck, Puts pressure on D. If he is back to 20 goal self it'd be a shot in arm to team.
And he's going to be a 3rd-4th liner, as we should expect from a guy like him, no matter what we think of his contract.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Anderson just needs to commit to puck handling. Not deking or anything crazy just keeping it on his stick, cycling, protecting the puck and getting it off his stick and onto a linemates asap. Anderson at his best is very flawed but if you can make it so he's only handling the puck when he can shoot or drive the net you can heavily limit his weaknesses in the offensive zone. No idea what the goal total for him will be, maybe 20-24.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad