Josh Anderson M-NTC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which teams are in no trade list of Josh Anderson?

• Calgary

Votes: 21 67.7%
  • San Jose

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Winnipeg

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • Columbus

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • Edmonton

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Utah

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Buffalo

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • Toronto

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Other

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
Andy will need to play himself out what ever funk he’s found himselF in before there’s any talk of trade value. I hope he turns it around.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I am not sure how MSL will handle Anderson if he brings another pitiful performance again. MSL seems to turn the other cheek when it comes to this player.
Agreed.....................they sent Armia down, and it worked.....................they could have done the same for A ndy or at least benched him.

Reactions: Tyson

Hoochi Papa

Oct 17, 2020
What's going on with that Lafreniere trade. Does Hughes demand not one but two 1st round picks to sweeten the deal?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I agree about those types.

But two things MAY make Anderson a different case.
1) His speed is elite. Sometimes fast skaters can still play because when they lose a step, they're still at or above average NHL pace.
2) Is he really that physical, lol? He's no Clarkson/Gallagher/Tucker type when it comes to the intensity he played at night in night out during his prime.
His inattention to detail in his own zone is a f***ing joke and can no longer be accepted.
With the attributes he does possess he should certainly be a better defensive player than Cole Caufield but he's not.
He can stick his Elite Ego up his ass he is Elite at nothing and he's really really good at it.

I'm obviously not in the mood for less than players today.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
A damn reminder thread that we have yrs of being kicked in the nuts unless Hughes pulla off a miracle

We needed this just before we dont land Demidov lol

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
he might as well have a full no move cause nobody will take that contract after his year last year, we waited too long...Have to hope he bounces back this year.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Arpon Basu saying Josh Anderson spent every day of the summer working on his game with Adam Nicholas.

Said some youth were there consistently. So vets like Savard and Suzuki popped in and out. But Anderson was a vet that was there every day.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Arpon Basu saying Josh Anderson spent every day of the summer working on his game with Adam Nicholas.

Said some youth were there consistently. So vets like Savard and Suzuki popped in and out. But Anderson was a vet that was there every day.
Honestly, that is great news. If he can bounce back and be valuable bottom 6 player who helps the team, I would be happy. And he would become tradable after the season.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Andy is going to have a good year, you'll see
In a healthy lineup, I don't have him in the top 9. But maybe he'll find his niche.

Maybe he surprises and steals the spot next to Laine and Dach. Both of those guys like to handle the puck. Maybe Anderson can get the puck to them, then go to the net and otherwise create Kamikazee. The problem is Anderson has such a weak cycle game, and those two need someone to go into the corners and get the puck. Hopefully he worked on that with Nicholas - in addition to learning how to pot all the scoring opportunities he gets.

Reactions: Habs and Essenege

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
In a healthy lineup, I don't have him in the top 9. But maybe he'll find his niche.

Maybe he surprises and steals the spot next to Laine and Dach. Both of those guys like to handle the puck. Maybe Anderson can get the puck to them, then go to the net and otherwise create Kamikazee. The problem is Anderson has such a weak cycle game, and those two need someone to go into the corners and get the puck. Hopefully he worked on that with Nicholas - in addition to learning how to pot all the scoring opportunities he gets.
Anderson has never been a legitimate top 6 player. He is maybe a 3rd line player who should play a hard north south game. The problem is he goes on long stretches of disappearing acts where he watches his smaller teammates get bullied, doesn't finish a check and that can't happen anymore. He is a 4th liner who needs to bring energy. Yes he is vastly overpaid but the fact that Bergevin overpaid doesn't automatically make him a top 6 player. Enjoy those paychecks Josh because you have made yourself a 4th line player.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Josh Anderson is one of the contracts we would like to offload. 3 years remaining with 5,5M cap hit is a lot for 20 points. He has a Modified No Trade Clause - 5 teams list. These lists are never public, so I was wondering, what do you think. What are those 5 teams on his list?
Just an easy poll to have a little bit of relax before the draft :)
Who is “we” the fans? Not so sure HuGo / MSL are as wanting to “offload”

Looking forward to another 20 point season with no accountability
Anderson will be back to his 20G+ pace he’s had in 6 of his 8 NHL seasons

Reactions: FerrisRox

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Who is “we” the fans? Not so sure HuGo / MSL are as wanting to “offload”

Anderson will be back to his 20G+ pace he’s had in 6 of his 8 NHL seasons
If he can do that playing bottom line minutes I will be impressed. What was the excuse last season? Didn't he go 30 games without a goal? What makes him rebound from a 9 goal season?

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
If he can do that playing bottom line minutes I will be impressed. What was the excuse last season? Didn't he go 30 games without a goal? What makes him rebound from a 9 goal season?
Remember when Selanne’s career was done as a goal scorer… (not saying Anderson is anywhere near Selanne) it happens more often than we think, players do have bad forgetful years when everything snowballs out of control - trying to do too much is as bad as nothing doing anything

Reactions: 26Mats

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
If he has another bad year, you simply buy him out or find a team to trade him to with 50% retention.

At that point he will have two years remaining on his contract and a buy out will only result in a ~$1.4M cap penalty. That would be easily manageable given the number of young forwards coming up on ELC's who will be in the hunt for that roster spot.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Anderson has never been a legitimate top 6 player. He is maybe a 3rd line player who should play a hard north south game. The problem is he goes on long stretches of disappearing acts where he watches his smaller teammates get bullied, doesn't finish a check and that can't happen anymore. He is a 4th liner who needs to bring energy. Yes he is vastly overpaid but the fact that Bergevin overpaid doesn't automatically make him a top 6 player. Enjoy those paychecks Josh because you have made yourself a 4th line player.

He's a fourth liner in many aspects. But he's got elite speed and a really good shot. I'm not exactly sure what a modern day fourth liner is, but he doesn't have the defensive smarts and puck manament of a Bellemare or Kolesar. Hard to find a niche for him. I have him with Evans and Gallagher on the 4th line. But I also really don't know how Laine and Dach are going to fit and what they'll need as the 3rd element. They both like to handle the puck. So maybe Anderson hardly ever handles the puck and just goes to the net or the slot and uses his shot. But I would first try someone who can make plays with them: Newhook, Roy, Dvorak, and Armia.

Remember when Selanne’s career was done as a goal scorer… (not saying Anderson is anywhere near Selanne) it happens more often than we think, players do have bad forgetful years when everything snowballs out of control - trying to do too much is as bad as nothing doing anything
I'm no Anderson fan. But he was still getting chances. He was just off mentally - like Lehkonen was as a Hab - always missing.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Fair enough but what I noticed last year was that Josh was disengaged entirely too much. If you aren't scoring, that's tolerable if you are finishing your checks, standing up for your teammates. I remember a game when Radko Gudas was taking liberties against smaller Habs while Anderson was on the ice and did nothing. That's where I lost respect for him...I can tolerate not scoring if you do other things to help your team. Last season showed me that Josh Anderson doesn't possess enough character to be part of this team. I am harsh but I am being honest in my views.

• Love
Reactions: StCaufield

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002

His size and speed may prove valuable with the addition of Laine, he's been on some pretty bad lines. I hope he has a rebound season and gets some PP time, I think he has some value still.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Fair enough but what I noticed last year was that Josh was disengaged entirely too much. If you aren't scoring, that's tolerable if you are finishing your checks, standing up for your teammates. I remember a game when Radko Gudas was taking liberties against smaller Habs while Anderson was on the ice and did nothing. That's where I lost respect for him...I can tolerate not scoring if you do other things to help your team. Last season showed me that Josh Anderson doesn't possess enough character to be part of this team. I am harsh but I am being honest in my views.
It happened the year before when he was on the first line. Suzuki had to step in for Caufield as Anderson took a front row seat.
I lost it then and there. I don't expect to have to have Suzuki stepping in for anyone when Anderson is on their wing.
Thank God for Slaf at least he'll lean on people real hard.

Reactions: Tyson

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
His size and speed may prove valuable with the addition of Laine, he's been on some pretty bad lines. I hope he has a rebound season and gets some PP time, I think he has some value still.

The thing that I would worry about with Anderson is if he were to be on a good line he may get you 20-25 goals, but miss a ton more, and kill plays with his bad puck skills. So he may not be the right fit. So where does he fit? I don't know. I definitely feel comfortable with him doing a good job on a 4th line with Evans and Gallagher. But it would be hard for him to produce from there. I like Roy - Newhook/Dvo - Armia best as a 3rd line. And of those 4, the one that isn't on that line is next to Laine and Dach.

Reactions: Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad