Value of: Jordan Eberle

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I would do a
To Montreal: Leddy + Eberle
To Edmonton: Hudon + Byron + Vejdemo/Evans + 2nd rounder + 2nd rounder conditional(becomes 1st if Montreal makes the playoffs) + 4th rounder
Forget it. Habs 1st will not be in play.
2nd and Hudon for Ebs

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Hudler hovered around a point per game the year prior to his trade. He didn't return a 1st. Vanek hovered around a point per game in the year of his trade from the Islanders of all teams. He didn't return a 1st.

You can call it irrational behavior, but that's how GMs have operated over the past decade. They're not going to see a player that is at least perceived to be a smallish, one-dimensional scorer and think he's going to put them over the top. Eberle's drop in production and his goalless playoff performance in 17 shovel dirt on that grave.

nateylove100

Jan 1, 2019
Forget it. Habs 1st will not be in play.
2nd and Hudon for Ebs
If we make the playoffs, we wont get a top 15 pick. Even though its a deep draft, the top LHD that we need won't be left by the time we draft. Might as well trade the 1st away for Leddy and if we dont make the playoffs, we still get the first round as it is conditional. Honestly, we have a lot of picks this year, so lets draft some LHD in the 2nd or 3rd round. you know this is a steal deal

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I would do a
To Montreal: Leddy + Eberle
To Edmonton: Hudon + Byron + Vejdemo/Evans + 2nd rounder + 2nd rounder conditional(becomes 1st if Montreal makes the playoffs) + 4th rounder
Nor interested in a LOT of spare parts.
Thanks anyway though

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I could see Calgary being interested, Tkachuk needs another guy that can handle the puck on that line.

Knowing the Islanders aren't going to take scraps, something around Frolik? He played a lot of the first 2 months of the year injured, but has had some great offensive games and he's still a beast defensively. Screams of a player that would do well in a Trotz system

Edit: Before someone jumps down my throat, I said something around Frolik. Not at all suggesting a one-for-one
I think the isles want JHS in a top 6 role and moving on from Eberle, allows them to go with Bailey and JHS as their top 2 rws. With several young wingers pushing for nhl jobs, I do not see interest in Frolik.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Hudler hovered around a point per game the year prior to his trade. He didn't return a 1st. Vanek hovered around a point per game in the year of his trade from the Islanders of all teams. He didn't return a 1st.

You can call it irrational behavior, but that's how GMs have operated over the past decade. They're not going to see a player that is at least perceived to be a smallish, one-dimensional scorer and think he's going to put them over the top. Eberle's drop in production and his goalless playoff performance in 17 shovel dirt on that grave.

Okay? You ignore Nash & Eaves, instead choosing to cherrypick Vanek (whose value was deflated because everyone knew his eyes were set on Minnesota in the offseason) and Hudler.

The whole "I know how GMs operate" is an appeal to false authority logical fallacy. I've heard it a billion times on HFboards and have not once taken it seriously. You, me, or anyone else can't speak on behalf on how NHL GMs think and operate.

It's clear you have an agenda with Eberle - "smallish, one-dimensional scorer", "shovel dirt on his grave". We'll just keep him then, seeing as this team is a playoff contender as opposed to competing for the Jack Hughes sweepstakes.

Reactions: PWJunior

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
And what C prospect do you have in mind?

Not all that familiar with the Habs system but I know they restocked their cabinet with some C prospects last draft.

I'd figure Poehling, Suzuki, and especially Kotka are gonna be the absolute non-starters, so whoever your 4th, 5th, or 6th best C prospect is might get the Isles interest.

nateylove100

Jan 1, 2019
Nor interested in a LOT of spare parts.
Thanks anyway though
Hudon + Byron are great middle 6 forwards + 3 picks (potentially a first rounder) and a center prospect with evans or vejdemo sounds like a steal for eberle (pending UFA) and leddy. come on accept

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
definitely not suzuki or poehling, but i would give up olofsson + 4th round OR joni ikonen + 2nd
Nor would i. Especially for a Rental. A cup contender in need of a winger may give up that type of prospect but the Habs are not in that spot.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Hudon + Byron are great middle 6 forwards + 3 picks (potentially a first rounder) and a center prospect with evans or vejdemo sounds like a steal for eberle (pending UFA) and leddy. come on accept

Leddy alone would return a 1st and it would nir be a conditional one.

And the isles are deep at winger between their nhl roster and top prospects pushing for nhl jobs.

A LOT of spare parts does not make an offer a quality offer.

To Montreal
Eberle
MDC
Wotherspoon
Pelech

To NYI
Domi

Reactions: impaaaaaact

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Okay? You ignore Nash & Eaves, instead choosing to cherrypick Vanek (whose value was deflated because everyone knew his eyes were set on Minnesota in the offseason) and Hudler.

The whole "I know how GMs operate" is an appeal to false authority logical fallacy. I've heard it a billion times on HFboards and have not once taken it seriously. You, me, or anyone else can't speak on behalf on how NHL GMs think and operate.

It's clear you have an agenda with Eberle - "smallish, one-dimensional scorer", "shovel dirt on his grave". We'll just keep him then, seeing as this team is a playoff contender as opposed to competing for the Jack Hughes sweepstakes.

Nash was overvalued. He’s seen as this stud, physical two-way guy. Hell, if he made it be known that he wanted to play this season, they’d roll out the red carpet for him. Eaves was aided by a career season in that year. He was scoring at a 29-goal clip at the time of the trade and finished with 32.

I brought up Vanek (his UFA destination shouldn't have that much bearing on a near point per game scorer) and Hudler because they were better players than Eberle and returned less than what is expected. There are other comparables that put up Top 6 production around the time of the trade and didn't return a 1st: Gaborik, Stempniak, Boyes, Boedker. I gave the chart of all of the soon-to-be UFAs that returned a 1st at the deadline. I didn’t pull my opinion out of my butt.

I don’t care about the Isles or Eberle one way or the other. My “agenda” is tempering the expectations of those that indirectly think 5-6 different rentals are going to return 1st round picks, based on one particular trade. You can look through my post history if you want. I’ve had this same exact discussion with Rangers fans when it comes to Zuccarello. I’ve said that Ferland isn’t returning a 1st unless the market thins out and he continues to produce.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Nash was overvalued. He’s seen as this stud, physical two-way guy. Hell, if he made it be known that he wanted to play this season, they’d roll out the red carpet for him. Eaves was aided by a career season in that year. He was scoring at a 29-goal clip at the time of the trade and finished with 32.

I brought up Vanek (his UFA destination shouldn't have that much bearing on a near point per game scorer) and Hudler because they were better players than Eberle and returned less than what is expected. There are other comparables that put up Top 6 production around the time of the trade and didn't return a 1st: Gaborik, Stempniak, Boyes, Boedker. I gave the chart of all of the soon-to-be UFAs that returned a 1st at the deadline. I didn’t pull my opinion out of my butt.

I don’t care about the Isles or Eberle one way or the other. My “agenda” is tempering the expectations of those that indirectly think 5-6 different rentals are going to return 1st round picks, based on one particular trade. You can look through my post history if you want. I’ve had this same exact discussion with Rangers fans when it comes to Zuccarello. I’ve said that Ferland isn’t returning a 1st unless the market thins out and he continues to produce.

I mean, for someone merely "tempering expectations", you sure do have a lot of opinions on how much Eberle stinks and how all these other players (Brad Boyes? Seriously?) are superior to him. We control the market on Eberle. That means we get to dictate if we get a good enough return, if we don't we keep him for a playoff push.

You don't walk into Best Buy, complain the flatscreens are too overpriced, say you just saw a better TV sell online for $100 in 2014 and have the sales staff acquiesce to your demands. You pay the sticker price or leave the store. There's no option to convince the sales staff you're right and pay $100 for a 50-inch.

Reactions: IODCPiper

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I mean, for someone merely "tempering expectations", you sure do have a lot of opinions on how much Eberle stinks and how all these other players (Brad Boyes? Seriously?) are superior to him. We control the market on Eberle. That means we get to dictate if we get a good enough return, if we don't we keep him for a playoff push.

You don't walk into Best Buy, complain the flatscreens are too overpriced, say you just saw a better TV sell online for $100 in 2014 and have the sales staff acquiesce to your demands. You pay the sticker price or leave the store. There's no option to convince the sales staff you're right and pay $100 for a 50-inch.

Read my post again. I never said Brad Boyes was better than Eberle. I said he was comparable. At the time of the trade in 11, he was comparable to Eberle. Since point production is a focal point of the conversation, Boyes had a down season the year prior, but that was on the heels on 65 and 72 point seasons. In the year of the trade, he was on pace for 54 points at the time of the deal.

Whether the Isles would trade Eberle for less than a 1st, I have no opinion on. To borrow your analogy, though, I think GMs will just leave the store at the price point you expect based on a large sample of trade deadline behavior. They'll just look at a different type of TV somewhere else.

Last edited:

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Eberle to Strome to Spooner
We would just like to reverse that whole process.

Spooner to Strome to Eberle to ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Wayne Gretzky trade

That's a whole lotta reversals
Isles and Oilers are distant cousins

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Definitely would trade him for a first, maybe for a 2nd and 3rd. Not sure I would want to trade him in conference to teams fighting for the wild card spot though.

I am not saying Vegas would do it but given all the draft picks they own, they might be the most likely team to deal with if they looking to add scoring depth.

On a side note I predict Eberle ends up in NJ next year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad