Speculation: Jonathan Huberdeau is open to waiving his NMC to go to a contender

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
He doesn't need to.

Everyone, except you, is perfectly aware that Huberdeau is unhappy in Calgary and is wiling to waive his NMC.
You should take up a career in writing, because clearly you enjoy making shit up. But don't quit your day job, because you aren't good at it.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
The article is conjecture above all. May or may not happen.

I think Huby will have an excellent year on his new line with Pospisil and Mantha.

And the Flames won't have as bad a team as everyone thinks.

It's not even that IMO. This website is like conjecture and fanfic on top of speculation.

They take an obvious "Player might be willing to waive NMC if required." and "This is what you'd need to do to move Huberdeau" comment into "There's a flurry of trade rumors around Huberdeau!"

Huberdeau's been a consummate pro throughout his tenure here. I feel for the guy. He's trying and it sucks he has struggled. I view it as maybe some comment out there that Huberdeau is willing to do anything recommended by management. Whether that's what his role will be on the Flames (hopefully not more brute forcing him in diff position and style of play) or if it'll be a trade.

IMO Huberdeau is the new Skinner contract. However, unlike the Buffalo/Skinner situation, the cap isn't stagnant and expected to skyrocket and the Flames aren't stuck in a situation where Huberdeau's contract blocks the org's ability to acquire positional need. It's not ideal, but not it's horrific to the point that I think Huberdeau will need to be bought out. He will be fine if retained as a middle 6 option in a higher cap environment.

Is that site even credible?

IMO. Not at all.

Habs Interest in Patrik Laine Trade "Pretty Minimal" | NHL Trade Rumors

This is an article about Laine just 11 days prior to him being traded to the Canadiens.

To be honest, the body of the article isn't terrible. It's quoting a supposed insider on his opinion about Laine to Montreal. But title and the first and last paragraphs ends up twisting the legitimate content into something totally different.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Who really cares that Huberdeau makes $10m a season? Its not like the Flames are cap strapped and need to find ways to cut salary costs. As it is, the Flames are barely above the minimum cap floor... no need to take a loss on dumping Huberdeau's contract. Whether the Flames are paying him $10m or a more reasonable $5m... it makes no difference to the Flames current situation.
So unless he can be traded for valuable draft picks and prospects, I just don't see the point in looking for a trade at all.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
When will players realize not living up to their contracts makes them untradable?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad