Speculation: Jonathan Huberdeau is open to waiving his NMC to go to a contender

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Cap space will be valuable for Flames in 3 or 4 years so unloading Huberdeau to sign long term deals with their younger players would be crucial to their cap structure. Huberdeau is better off on a cup contending team while he still has enough juice versus getting trade 4 years down the road when he might not even be valuable enough to trade even at 50% retention.

So Vegas, Oilers, Canucks are just chopped liver? 🤣

Canucks were in last just two years ago. Who knows who will be good this year?

• Haha
Reactions: jackjohnson

iggy

Aug 2, 2005
To Islanders-- Huberdeau with 30% retained 7 years left at 7.35 millon.

To Flames----Pageau 2 years left at 5 million and Engvall 6 years left at 3 million.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
To Islanders-- Huberdeau with 30% retained 7 years left at 7.35 millon.

To Flames----Pageau 2 years left at 5 million and Engvall 6 years left at 3 million.
yeah, no.

we'll hold onto Huby for a long while.
He's good with the young layers and is a good example for the young guys as he holds himself accountable. He's also not playing as poorly as his stats suggest. he hasn't had that guy who goes to teh dirty areas to play with here, and we lack that forward who can carry the play and take advantage of Huby's skills.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
It's way too much of an EA sports trade to actually happen, but what about Huberdeau at 50% for Marner?

For Calgary, they can gain significant assets at the deadline by trading Marner. They could even re-trade him to Toronto at that time! Lol

For Toronto, 70+ points setting up Matthews doesn't seem unrealistic, and it would be decent value at 5.250 at least for a few years.

Fun to think about, but it won't happen...

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
we'll hold onto Huby for a long while.
He's good with the young layers and is a good example for the young guys as he holds himself accountable. He's also not playing as poorly as his stats suggest.
This is completely delusional. Just this summer at his own golf tournament, he was blaming the Flames system for lack of points and declared he "was worth his contract". He's the opposite of a guy who holds himself accountable and a soft, perimeter player with questionable work ethic you want as far as possible away from younger guys.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
This is completely delusional. Just this summer at his own golf tournament, he was blaming the Flames system for lack of points and declared he "was worth his contract". He's the opposite of a guy who holds himself accountable and a soft, perimeter player with questionable work ethic you want as far as possible away from younger guys.
Yeah because I'm going to believe some nobody on teh internet, over whet I've actually seem him say,

And even if he did say that. it's not untrue. He wasn't a good fit for this team, and we let our PP coach walk after one season for an equivalent job because he was so terrible.

You do know it's possibility to say you have to be better and think a system is broken right? Weird, right?

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Now that they won a cup, they will get Hubs back 🤣 He would be pissed off because he will think he could have won the cup with them

I think you underestimate the maturity and knowledge of their profession being a business atheletes have.

I’m also sure he has a lot of familiarity with the city and most of the teammattes.

I’m sure he’s not thrilled about the outcome of going to Calgary, but he got paid regardless. It would be much better for his legacy and career than where he is now.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Has anyone made the, "I'm open to dating _________ (insert hot celebrity)" joke yet? Or how many have already done it?

villacco

Dec 21, 2013
Villach
Why would a contender want an player like him: 31years, declining, soft, 7 years left on one of the worst contracts in the NHL-
Not only wants he to be traded, but going to a contender as well? Hey Hubi you played for Florida and got the contract, because you played with a great player like Barkov. And Florida won, because they traded you.
Now you want your cup as well?
Nope, can't have your cake and eat it too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad