Rumor: Jonathan Huberdeau is open to waiving his NMC to go to a contender

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Best bet is to wait a year or two and try to trade him for a player who is underperforming with a similar contract. Maybe the Caps will want to move on from PLD in a year or so haha.

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
To Edmonton:
Huberdeau (30% retained) - 7.350 x 7yrs

To Calgary:
Nurse - 9.250 x 6yrs

Won't happen but Edmonton does this IMO. To be fair - I think what you meant was to received positive value (Nurse is obviously negative). In that case, I think they need to eat at least 40% of his deal, bringing him to down to 6.300. Even then, I don't think they'd get anything substantial. That's more of the 'free - pickup only' number.

It would need be to something bigger, like Huberdeau + Weegar/Andersson for Nurse + balancing salaries. The only thing that works money wise though is Nurse, Kulak, and Kane (17.1 M) for Huberdeau and Weegar (16.75) and I don't think the Flames consider that since it does nothing for their rebuild.

• Haha
Reactions: HighLifeMan

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Mutual termination of his contract is his only hope of joining a competitive team, unless somehow Calgary becomes one while he’s still signed. That’s a boat anchor of a contract

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I don't know if even Montreal has enough bad contracts to make a trade worth it

Gallagher + Anderson + Armia + Dvorak + Matheson for Huberdeau + Andersson or Weegar

:laugh:

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Maximum 50% retention puts him on a 7x$5.25M contract? I doubt there is any team in the NHL which takes even that for free? :dunno:
I think you're right. Salary isn't bad for the time being, but too much term for a 31 year old. You stop feeling like you can pay that at age 33 or 34. You aren't going to be willing to absorb those later years when the player is producing 50 points as opposed to 80 or 90.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Never happen in a million years

His agent would sue him.
Plus the NHLPA would go full Global Thermonuclear War
1727209810973.png

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Huberdeaus gotta be feeling good about himself to let something like this leak, fingers crossed for 75 points because then maybe he’s tradeable

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
Hopefully, that means he's motivated to live up to his salary this season, which would make him a lot easier to move

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
If you REALLY want to go to one then forfeit your money. Until then, enjoy raking in the millions and trading that for playin on a shitty team.

Damn its almost like hes in a real life work scenario. Forced to work a job he really doesnt want but wants the money that comes with it.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I bet he would rather make $10MM stateside with lower taxes and not losing 70% of his games. Too bad he signed himself to a deal zero NHL teams want on their cap and he's stuck in the only place that is forced to pay/play him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad