Value of: Jonathan Huberdeau + 1st plus cole schwindt

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

scoringmachine

Jan 17, 2007
I like Jonathan Huberdeau, but he is just not working out for Calgary. What could Calgary back for this pacakage.

Jonathan Huberdeau
1st 2026
Cole Schwindt

Just a thought I know Calgary would not make that package, if anything need to change let me know and who we could get to get rid of Jonathan Huberdeau.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
We aren't giving our 1sts away to dump Huberdeau. He doesn't really matter at this point, his contract keeps us above the cap floor and we have years left to go in the rebuild.

If someone wants him they can have him and his contract for free, otherwise we'll hold onto him for the time being.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Um. Well, based on a lot of similar wingers lately I'd say huberdeau is worth about 5.5 mill AAV. Making him about -5 mill per year, or negative 35 mill total over the life of his contract.

If we value a 1st at 6 mill, only about 5 more late 1sts to go and then you can dump the huberdeau deal just off of that quick math

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Lets revisit this in 5 years when the Flames are competitive again. Trading away 1st round draft picks in order to dump a contract won't help the Flames get there either. The Flames also have a ton of cap space too. They can afford to pay Huby $10.5m a year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad