Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - So comman Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Players CAN improve and mature with time you know?

Had this trade never gone down, i'd LOVE to have read some of the comments some would of had for Sergachev this year.

No doubt he would of been written off too.

I don't think there's another fanbase that yells more about 'development' while simultaneously throwing in the towel on young players, more than this one.

You seem to be responding to a phantom post. Do you think people have given up on Drouin? How exactly did you arrive at the conclusion?

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Even though he looked better towards the end of the season that play against Boston in early March with like 2 minutes to go still sticks in my head. Scared to take a hit, dumps puck cleanly over glass in defensive zone, takes penalty, game gets tied, loses in OT. That was just the epitome of how his first season in Montreal went and still leads me to not be too optimistic with my expectations for him.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
You seem to be responding to a phantom post.
No, the post I responded too is quoted in the very post you read.

Do you think people have given up on Drouin?
I think most people have drawn far reaching conclusions on Drouin and the trade based exclusively on what happened this year...but to answer your question the way you framed it...

Yes, I do believe, based on MANY comments i've read about Drouin here, that some people have given up on him or basically think what he is now, is basically what he'll be.

How exactly did you arrive at the conclusion?
By reading posts on this board on Jonathan Drouin

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
Ok can someone please dig up the FO% and pts/game and pts/60 of both Chucky at C exclusively and Drouin at C exclusively? Too lazy to do it but it d be fun to see Belial ask for numbers only to deny them when they dont fit the narrative.

2015-16 - Galchenyuk
FO% 47.9 (749 total FOs)
P/G 0.68 pts per game
P/60 2.52

2016-17 - Galchenyuk
FO% 42.7 (642 total FOs)
P/G 0.72 pts per game
P/60 2.72

2017-18 - Drouin
FO% 42.5 (1051 total FOs)
P/G 0.59 pts per game
P/60 2.04

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Your opinion is biased IMO,

The whole team sucked!

Why exactly singling out Drouin?

I'm biased against the Montreal Canadiens?

And even if I was biased, what would that have to do with being ill-informed?

Why am I singling Drouin out? Well, for starters, this is a Drouin thread. Would be odd not to discuss him in a thread about ... him. Secondly, because he was terrible. He was lazy, he under-performed and he was atrocious at center when the coaching staff and management maligned another player for exactly that same thing the previous year.

I don't see how any reasonable fan wouldn't pick Drouin as the biggest disappointment on the roster, barring guys that were injured.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
2015-16 - Galchenyuk
FO% 47.9 (749 total FOs)
P/G 0.68 pts per game
P/60 2.52

2016-17 - Galchenyuk
FO% 42.7 (642 total FOs)
P/G 0.72 pts per game
P/60 2.72

2017-18 - Drouin
FO% 42.5 (1051 total FOs)
P/G 0.59 pts per game
P/60 2.04

Thank you so much buddy. Can I ask you where you find them? Thanks in advance. Cheers.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Was he the one driving the play?

It’s funny that you would call Galchenyuk out for this when the player you’re defending in Drouin is much worse at driving the play. Just like it’s silly to rip apart Chucky’s defensive game, which you have when Drouin took it to another bad this season.

Reactions: sandviper

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I'm biased against the Montreal Canadiens?

And even if I was biased, what would that have to do with being ill-informed?

Huh?

So you have all the data about all the centers in the league and you statistically got to the point that Drouin was a flop?

I mean this is an useless discussion tbh...

What's a flop? He didn't meet your expectations?

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
So you have all the data about all the centers in the league and you statistically got to the point that Drouin was a flop?

I mean this is an useless discussion tbh...

What's a flop? He didn't meet your expectations?

That's the first thing you've said that doesn't have me shaking my head.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Except there *is* a good reason that you clearly ignored.

Everything that Galchenuyuk has been public chastised for by the coaches and management of the team Drouin is guilty of himself and yet, there is not a single word from the coaches or the management in this case. Drouin is worse at center all across the board then Galchenyuk was. He is worse defensively, worse on face-offs, worse positionally yet there hasn't been even a whisper that perhaps he doesn't belong there while Galchenyuk was publicly chastised and told he "wasn't a center at the NHL level."

It's pretty puzzling, to a fan, why the treatment for the two players would be polar opposite for the same offence, no?

How am I supposed to know? Are we in the dressing room? Maybe Galchenyuk can handle (and needs) to be called out publicly. We have an example of Drouin not taking too kindly to that type of approach. I mean I don’t really care, neither are centres so to argue how one is treated over the other is moot. The team sucks and they both suck at the position.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
How am I supposed to know? Are we in the dressing room? Maybe Galchenyuk can handle (and needs) to be called out publicly. We have an example of Drouin not taking too kindly to that type of approach. I mean I don’t really care, neither are centres so to argue how one is treated over the other is moot. The team sucks and they both suck at the position.

I had significantly less issue with Galchenyuk's development as a center than Bergevin and Therrien did, that's for sure.

Reactions: le_sean

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Galchenyuk's success at center was fake!

What the f*** man.

I've officially heard it all now. Gakchenyuk's near PPG production as a center in his ~30 game stretch in 2016 was all fake news guys. It didn't really happen. It was all just a collective delusion apparently. He actually sucked and didn't put up any points at all.

Reactions: Peanut

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

During the 2015-16 season, Galchenyuk produced offense at the same rate as Stamkos and Getzlaf. During the 2016-2017 season, he produced at an even better rate.

I get that Galchenyuk has ES and defensive limitations, but he put up points at center. The D and possession stuff are issues and may not be solvable. But its significantly better than what Drouin did at center, and Drouin had the same ES and defensive limitations.

The fact that Montreal is willing to play literally anybody at center over Galchenyuk is puzzling. Its not like Galchenyuk was better at wing and its not like Montreal had better options at center.

Reactions: Peanut and Justin11

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
It’s funny that you would call Galchenyuk out for this when the player you’re defending in Drouin is much worse at driving the play. Just like it’s silly to rip apart Chucky’s defensive game, which you have when Drouin took it to another bad this season.

Do you have numbers or as usual sentimental bias?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad