News Article: Johnny Gaudreau passed away

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004

CaptnNemo

Nov 4, 2016
Just devastatingly awful news.

It hasn't been confirmed by authorities the driver was drunk. The 2 men were riding bicycles late at night. Let's not jump to conclusions on driver.

1000005821.jpg

Reactions: Conflicted Habs fan

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
This was posted in the main board thread:

PEDRICKTOWN, N.J. (CBS) — Columbus Blue Jackets player Johnny Gaudreau and his brother were killed in a crash Thursday night in Salem County, New Jersey, State Police confirmed to CBS News Philadelphia.

Gaudreau, 31, and his 29-year-old brother Matthew were riding bikes on County Route 551 in Oldmans Township, Salem County on Thursday night when they were struck by a man driving a Jeep.

Police said the driver attempted to pass a slower vehicle when he hit the Gaudreau brothers.

I took out driver's name although I believe it's public information now since the above is a news report.

Reactions: sandviper

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
f*** cars...

And I say that as someone that loves driving... but man, they are the most dangerous common day to day object that we interact with. So many tragedies happen because of the very mundane car (and now SUVs and mini Trucks)...

This is awful to lose young people in the zenith of their lives, so absolutely sad...

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Impatience behind the wheel is as much as a factor. There are a lot of dumb ass aggressive drivers doing stupid things to get somewhere 5 minutes faster.

I see it every day on the 401. Did the driver go onto the shoulder, then? Late at night on a country road. That's crazy driver time. Unless this guy is a complete psychopath, I feel for him, too. He made some incredibly stupid decisions that changed the lives of so many including himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad