Johnny Gaudreau, brother Matthew pass away after being struck by drunk driver in Salem County, NJ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
So heartbreaking. Today would have been his third wedding anniversary. I'm not a very emotional person, but there honestly hasn't been a day that has gone by where I haven't thought about them. Playing with my daughter, putting her to bed and realizing that both Johnny's and Matt's kids will never get that. Life isn't fair.

Looks like they are having the funeral for Johnny and Matty at St Mary Magdalen in Media on Monday.

I don't mean this in a bad way, but I wonder why they were riding their bikes at that hour on those roads. I know it wasn't their fault, and I am in no way blaming them, but the sun was down and it gets very dark out on those roads. Obviously they weren't expecting to get hit by a drunk asshole, it's just a shame they were out there at that exact time.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I just tried watching the service on YouTube...I made it about 30 seconds...I can't do it. It's just so heartbreaking, it doesn't seem real

Reactions: trostol

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
Guy walking down the aisle following the caskets was just gut wrenching

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
.087 isnt nearly drunk enough to get a somewhat respectable person to drive like this guy did.
Him drinking definitely played a part, slower reaction times, but him being a f***ing impatient asshole is the main reason. Either way the guy is a f***ing piece of shit and if he offs himself, good for him

Reactions: Amorgus

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
This..... the normal driver who drinks, is likely 10x more cautious. The reckless idiot driver likely loses even more inhibition. He already was a dangerous driver.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Him drinking definitely played a part, slower reaction times, but him being a f***ing impatient asshole is the main reason. Either way the guy is a f***ing piece of shit and if he offs himself, good for him

Right, if this came back at like .30 I could blame the booze for the decision. But nah, this guy would have done this sober. If there are any outstanding hit and runs, they should find out what this guy was doing when they happened.

nacc BLOCC

Apr 16, 2019
This..... the normal driver who drinks, is likely 10x more cautious. The reckless idiot driver likely loses even more inhibition. He already was a dangerous driver.

brooo what :P?

i do like the introduction of "normal driver who drinks" as a class of vehicle operator. commendable!

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Meaning if a normal driver who has a few. Not to say 5 or 6 in an hour. Normal drivers who have too many don't get behind the wheel if they feel impaired.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Right, if this came back at like .30 I could blame the booze for the decision. But nah, this guy would have done this sober. If there are any outstanding hit and runs, they should find out what this guy was doing when they happened.
When I’ve heard people talk about ‘call an Uber’ in regards to this, I always questioned whether that was the issue more than road rage. It sounds a lot better to say you’re a belligerent asshole because you’re drinking as opposed to being a belligerent asshole because you’re simply being an asshole. Because people are going to start moving on, it won’t get any play.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Was his bac .087? I thought it said .087 over the limit?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad