John Tavares gets nothing but disrespect from both NHL.com and HFBoards after hitting 900 career points

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
John Tavares used to be one of the most highly regarded active hockey players just a few years back and when he accoplished something special it would be front page news. Well not anymore as John Tavares just hit 900 career points in one of the most unnoticable way possible...

No mention of it on the front page of NHL.com... No thread so far on HFBoards until this one... Usually NHL.com mentions stuff like this in the headline of the recap. But now the headline reads: "Coyotes top Maple Leafs on Gostisbehere late goal for first win". Usually they would have something like: "Tavares hits 900 points in brutal Maple Leafs loss". The only mention NHL.com makes is in the notes at the very end of the article were they say that Tavares hit 900 points with an assist on Nylander's goal.

And HFBoards used to be filled with Tavares fans keeping us up to date with facts about Tavares and his accomplishments. But nowadays my fellow Leafs fans can't wait for the day Tavares' contract is over and Islanders fans have totally shunned Tavares ever since he signed with the Leafs. And the rest of the neutral fans don't seem to care.

Has anybody else fallen from grace into the "not giving a shit territory" quite like Tavares?

Bear of Bad News

"The Worst Guy on the Site" - user feedback
Sep 27, 2005
Seriously though, this is thread worthy?

Thanks for your inquiry. Follow-ups should be directed here:

Seriously though.

Wandering Cynic

Dec 2, 2011
Parts Unknown
Bergeron got his 400th goal last night too and no one cares and no one is whining about it because it's not on the front page of NHL.com or here.

I mean, what's there to discuss about a guy hitting a milestone anyway?
It's shocking because it's a Leafs player not being acknowledged for hitting 900 points. Should be front news on every outlet in the country.

MarioLeMoose

Jul 15, 2022
Bergeron got his 400th goal last night too and no one cares and no one is whining about it because it's not on the front page of NHL.com or here.

Didn't realize Bergeron got his 400th career goal. Nice accomplishment for one of the best 2-way players of all-time.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013

Dude stop making stuff up! Bergeron scored his 400th goal last season! He's at 402 career goals right now!

Didn't realize Bergeron got his 400th career goal. Nice accomplishment for one of the best 2-way players of all-time.
Dude that was last season.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Wake us up when he hits 1000
DhCQhu-UcAEBCZI

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Thanks for your inquiry. Follow-ups should be directed here:

Seriously though.

What about making a thread about his 900 points instead?

I would argue that making this thread is whining.

Pointing out that this is not thread worthy is just logical. Maybe not to you but you can disagree.

Bear of Bad News

"The Worst Guy on the Site" - user feedback
Sep 27, 2005
What about making a thread about his 900 points instead?

I would argue that making this thread is whining.

Pointing out that this is not thread worthy is just logical. Maybe not to you but you can disagree.

It's the staff's job to do our job. It's not your job. You're free to disagree with our decisions (we aren't perfect), but not publicly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad