Value of: John Marino

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
With the Devils apparent interest in Brett Pesce, John Marino could be the guy dealt to make room for him.
What is his value? He's a top 4 RHD with 3 more years at 4.4 per season and no trade protection until next week.

Devils are likely looking for a LHD, top six forward with size or bottom 6 depth. Probably not interested in draft picks or non NHL ready prospects.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
If I’m Dallas, I’m heavily interested. From what you’re saying Mason Marchment straight up could be a fit, but Faksa+nils Lundkvist are also guys Dallas would give up.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think his value would likely be lower than what most fans would be willing to pay. He's coming off a pretty dud of a year, has a NTC that starts in a week and has term left at $4.4 million a year. I don't think he'd bring back as much as fans here would say he'd bring back.

Like with the Marchment example from above, I think New Jersey would probably be adding on top of Marino to pull him off.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I think his value would likely be lower than what most fans would be willing to pay. He's coming off a pretty dud of a year, has a NTC that starts in a week and has term left at $4.4 million a year. I don't think he'd bring back as much as fans here would say he'd bring back.

Like with the Marchment example from above, I think New Jersey would probably be adding on top of Marino to pull him off.

4.4 Mil and the term doesn't seem too bad tbh, but I'm not sure there's going to be a big market for him before his NTC kicks in given his poor season. I guess it depends on the quality the Devils would want, but I think a top 6 forward with size is somewhat out of reach unless there are serious red flags.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024

He's probably an upgrade at 2RD for what arguably 27 teams currently have under contract or as RFAs (Pulock, Carlo*, Spurgeon, Whitecloud*)

Now probably Roy, Montour, and Pesce are upgrades in UFA, but with NJD apparently getting Pesce.

That's going to leave 25 teams who marino would improve at 2RD.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He's probably an upgrade at 2RD for what arguably 27 teams currently have under contract or as RFAs (Pulock, Carlo*, Spurgeon, Whitecloud*)

Now probably Roy, Montour, and Pesce are upgrades in UFA, but with NJD apparently getting Pesce.

That's going to leave 25 teams who marino would improve at 2RD.

Uh, that is absolutely not the case.

My team has Letang and Karlsson on RD and Marino is absolutely not better than either of them.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He is 100% better than 37 year old letang.

Lmao that's a comically bad opinion

I watched Marino when he was better than he is now with the Penguins. Marino isn't and has never been better than Letang.

You want to talk about down years, letang fell off a cliff from 22-23 to 23-24. And again, is likely only getting worse

1719333259859.png

How is that Letang "falling off a cliff"?

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Lmao that's a comically bad opinion

I watched Marino when he was better than he is now with the Penguins. Marino isn't and has never been better than Letang.
Letang really fell off defensively this past year.

And again, is 37 years old, and likely only heading further and further down

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
4.4 Mil and the term doesn't seem too bad tbh, but I'm not sure there's going to be a big market for him before his NTC kicks in given his poor season. I guess it depends on the quality the Devils would want, but I think a top 6 forward with size is somewhat out of reach unless there are serious red flags.
I was just saying what NJ wants not that Marino would get a top 6 forward with size, without adding to him.

Drew Doubty

Apr 4, 2010
Vancouver, B.C.
Any interest in Hoglander? 23 year old signed @ 1.1 for this year and multiple RFA years left. He's undersized but is built like a fire-hydrant and is an absolute dog on the puck. Scored 24 last year (bit of a shooting % bender) but there's no question he can score. Would be a great 3rd line scoring option on any team.

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Letang really fell off defensively this past year.

And again, is 37 years old, and likely only heading further and further down
Please don't derail this thread arguing about who he is or isn't better than. Pittsburg wouldn't have interest in him. The rest is fighting for the sake of fighting.

Reactions: My3Sons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Any interest in Hoglander? 23 year old signed @ 1.1 for this year and multiple RFA years left. He's undersized but is built like a fire-hydrant and is an absolute dog on the puck. Scored 24 last year (bit of a shooting % bender) but there's no question he can score. Would be a great 3rd line scoring option on any team.

Hoglander for Marino is the deal that immediately comes to my mind.

Also, it's hilarious that the Devils are going to potentially trade Marino after how many Devils fans told me this guy TOTALLY ROCKS.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Hoglander for Marino is the deal that immediately comes to my mind.

Also, it's hilarious that the Devils are going to potentially trade Marino after how many Devils fans told me this guy TOTALLY ROCKS.
We have NO desire to trade him lol. He is very good.

But if we are upgrading on him with Pesce, there is no need to keep 4.4 million of his cap when we have 3 stud young Dmen in the wings

Reactions: Devilsfan118

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad