Player Discussion John-Jason (JJ) Peterka, RW (34th overall, 2020) -- Signed to ELC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY

Trade him

1684852784006.png

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He had an impressive game today in closing out the French. His tournament has been strong for a team that doesn't have a lot of finishers to complete some of his plays. Good seeing him taking ice to the inside to score his goal today as well.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Ya, I'm firmly in the Peterka stays a Sabres camp. These kids, Quinn, Peterka, they are only going to get better and better as time moves along and the chemistry builds. We shouldn't make the mistakes of the past and try and move these kids for the shiny new toy syndrome. They are going shine as the next 5 years move along imo.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
TRADE HIM NOW!!!!!!!!!!! ./S:baghead:
Bold letters, bright colors, restating stats we all know. 😂 We're the only ones in the world watching him at Worlds. No other teams are scouting him and coveting him even more.

Or...racking up 4 points against France is nice but doesn't really move the needle tbh. Glad he's looking good, but no need to become a characture.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Bold letters, bright colors, restating stats we all know. 😂 We're the only ones in the world watching him at Worlds. No other teams are scouting him and coveting him even more.

Or...racking up 4 points against France is nice but doesn't really move the needle tbh. Glad he's looking good, but no need to become a characture.
He only had 2 points againts France :razz:

• Haha
Reactions: HOOats

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
He only had 2 points againts France :razz:
Lol sorry, got my powerhouses confused - 4 points against Hungry. 2-4-6 against France and Hungary. I do like 25 SOG for the tournament. But him reaching untouchable status because he's getting high usage against bad international teams is... something.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

Peterka would be a tough one to let go. I have no idea what his value would be, but he has some enticing potential and is close with Quinn. Cozens also seems fond of him.

That matters. We're seeing bonds develop in Rochester, too, and I believe that plays a big role in building those good vibes in the lockerroom, which are vital for a young team.

I dont think we need any major trades unless it's for a very specific player like Crouse or a young, top-4 RD to pair with Power. Crouse would be someone I'd ante up for. A young, top-4 RD seems more like a luxury than a big time need, imo. I think Adams could find a good RD to pair with Power in FA or target a lesser valued RD who could compliment Power well.

So, never say never, but it'd take the perfect scenario for Adams to trade Peterka. He's not untouchable, but it seems unlikely they'd trade him.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Lol sorry, got my powerhouses confused - 4 points against Hungry. 2-4-6 against France and Hungary. I do like 25 SOG for the tournament. But him reaching untouchable status because he's getting high usage against bad international teams is... something.
It’s always so weird when people try to pull the “produced against bad teams” card…it’s even stranger when he plays on a team that isn’t traditionally a world beater themselves.

I’d love to see this applied to everyone. Like…great players don’t feast against bottom teams everywhere all the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad