Jul 10, 2014
a low cap hit player
Yes. Yes he is.

with his skill set.
cant-complain-about-5a6b3a.jpg

Reactions: RabidBadger

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
He's in a weird situation, I'd go to arbitration as well. They'd likely see his value more fairly than the Red Wings/Yzerman who want to sign him under 2 million easy and he's prolyl asking between 2-2.5 million.

Hope he gets paid then moved TBH. I don't really like Joe Veleno, a "meh" player, imo.

Can go in UFA and sign Sam Steel or someone else like that cheaper than 2mill/year.

Reactions: ColdToiletSeats

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
He's in a weird situation, I'd go to arbitration as well. They'd likely see his value more fairly than the Red Wings/Yzerman who want to sign him under 2 million easy and he's prolyl asking between 2-2.5 million.

Hope he gets paid then moved TBH. I don't really like Joe Veleno, a "meh" player, imo.

Can go in UFA and sign Sam Steel or someone else like that cheaper than 2mill/year.

If we're signing another forward I'd still see what Clutterbuck is looking for. Another high energy lower line PK guy who throws his body around like crazy.

Reactions: Snuggs

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I think Veleno is worth a one year deal @ 1.5m only and force him to prove he is worth more..

I agree but....

The issue is that Raz, Copp, and Fabbri are making a lot more money while only producing 5 pts more last season. Raz is making $100k per point, Joey will be making half of that at $1.5M. Arbitration for forwards is mostly based on points.

If Joey gets more than $2M in arbitration, he runs the risk of not getting a QO next summer. It becomes cheaper to find an UFA at that point.

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad