Joe Bowen emotional sign off, no contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
I am officially f***ing done with this organization if they don’t bring him back.

As if the constant playoff failures year after year after year after year after year weren’t painful enough, now they’re thinking of cutting the voice of the Leafs for the last 3 decades? That’s the final straw for me.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
As if the constant playoff failures year after year after year after year after year weren’t painful enough, now they’re thinking of cutting the voice of the Leafs for the last 3 decades? That’s the final straw for me.
I hope it's because Bowen asked for stupid money.

I think it would be ridiculous to not bring him back unless there is some problem that isnt known.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I am officially f***ing done with this organization if they don’t bring him back.

Joe Bowen is employed by broadcasters, not the Leafs. It’s not up to the Leafs

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Who owns the broadcasting? And who owns the Leafs?

They are still separated entities. Bell owns a minority stake of MLSE, as does Rogers. Collectively they own majority, and these broadcasters should see value in bring Bowen back, but boycotting the hockey team over a decision made in the broadcasting is would be dumb. They are not at all connected

Reactions: Kazparov and banks

Beanzy

Nov 14, 2018

We all know whoever is picked to replace them will be picked largely to irritate the Boomers who love Joe Bowen.

Boomers?! Hold on... elder Millenial here; almost 40 years old. Joe Bowen is the voice of my childhood. I wore out 2 copies of The Passion Returns on VHS. They'd be pissing off alot more than just the boomer demographic if they don't bring Bowen back.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
What’s make Bowen great is his passion for the Leafs. He is part of Leafsnation as much as us.
That’s the reason why it is a shame if they don’t renew him bc in a way, we feel like the ownerships also doesn’t give a crap about us fans.
Ofcourse if the next guy is a passionate Leafs fans like us, all will be good again. Like whenever someone score, it will be like, ‘he shoots, he scorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr….

LegChairGM

Jun 29, 2021
Bowen and Ralph did an amazing job and for a lot of people will always be the voices of the team, myself included.

On a side note, wouldn't be the least bit surprised if both of the new commentators, if they are in fact replaced, are women. There's already at least one woman commentator in the league however they're paired with a man so it's really only a matter of time.

If they do go that rout I hope they do a great job and are embraced by the fans!!

My bet is a woman/man combo.

(Some may say this is a post to provoke people and it's not, it's to give people a chance to get on board with the idea so they don't have a meltdown if it does happen.)

Reactions: horner

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Bowen and Ralph did an amazing job and for a lot of people will always be the voices of the team.

On a side note, wouldn't be the least bit surprised if both of the new commentators, if they are in fact replaced, are women. There's already at least one woman commentator in the league however they're paired with a man so it's really only a matter of time.

If they do go that rout I hope they do a great job and are embraced by the fans!!

My bet is a woman/man combo.

Nothing against women...didn't one of the media outlets tried a woman as the main play-by-play person this season? I don't remember which outlet. Her voice was so high pitched and shrilled that it was really hard to listen to...I didn't hear her again after that one game.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior

We all know whoever is picked to replace them will be picked largely to irritate the Boomers who love Joe Bowen.
That's right pal it's all about respect, you dig? You're smart to capitalize "Boomers" and to do so in the future, let's just say you'll sleep safer at night.:cool:

Nothing against women...didn't one of the media outlets tried a woman as the main play-by-play person this season? I don't remember which outlet. Her voice was so high pitched and shrilled that it was really hard to listen to...I didn't here her again after that one game.
Leah Hextall with TNT I believe

Reactions: Superstar

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
I have to listen to a lot of games in the car. This will be very sad if that’s it

LegChairGM

Jun 29, 2021
Nothing against women...didn't one of the media outlets tried a woman as the main play-by-play person this season? I don't remember which outlet. Her voice was so high pitched and shrilled that it was really hard to listen to...I didn't hear her again after that one game.
I heard one last season and don't remember for what team, thought she did a pretty good job, she had a good voice for it.

Reactions: Superstar

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Boomers?! Hold on... elder Millenial here; almost 40 years old. Joe Bowen is the voice of my childhood. I wore out 2 copies of The Passion Returns on VHS. They'd be pissing off alot more than just the boomer demographic if they don't bring Bowen back.
Don't sweat it my friend it's just one of those crazy crazy millennial kids, using the only bigotry they have left in order to somehow exercise some kind of superiority they find in their youth. Trying to demonize us old folks for somehow ruining their future as they see it when it should be the capitalists they're angry at.:laugh:

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
I wouldn't be surprised they go with a simulcast of the tv broadcast. I could see the Jays doing the same soon. Bowen wasn't even traveling with the team on the road. It's the same for the Jays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad