OT: Job Market in Calgary/Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Yet,Crime rates actually show that Red Deer is more dangerous than Edmonton.

Edmonton city police also record crimes different from rcmp Red deer averages 2 murders a year times that by 8 would average 16 a year how many does Edmonton Have? Also had my house broken into when I lived in Edmonton twice Calgary once My car stolen in Edmonton never any of those living here.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Lived in Red deer 3 years been on henday many times grew up near southgate Henday runs around perimeter of the city Does not immune you from traveling south to north or east to west if you live at south gate you going to hope on Henday to get to downtown or Capilano lol And whitemud still a parking lot if their is a stalled car on it . How abut going up 99 street or Argyll Henday improved yellowhead but that's about it. How about the trek from downtown to summerside yea Henday really helped that :shakehead

Maybe get out of your car and take, you know, LRT? Which is a 5min bus ride to Century Park then 18mins to downtown.

Really if you take more than 30mins here to get anywhere here you know very little about proper routes or options. Most people figure it out and have no problems with traffic here.

"South to North" I can travel the Henday going from Millwoods to Castledowns (via henday going west, then north, then east in 28mins. If you're taking a different route you're doing it wrong.:laugh:

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Maybe get out of your car and take, you know, LRT? Which is a 5min bus ride to Century Park then 18mins to downtown.

Really if you take more than 30mins here to get anywhere here you know very little about proper routes or options. Most people figure it out and have no problems with traffic here.

"South to North" I can travel the Henday going from Millwoods to Castledowns (via henday going west, then north, then east in 28mins. If you're taking a different route you're doing it wrong.:laugh:
I know Edmonton like back of my hand as I did in home services been to every part you can Imagine quiz me all you want Know all the shortcuts so forth quit acting like Edmonton is designed as a traffic friendly.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Edmonton city police also record crimes different from rcmp Red deer averages 2 murders a year times that by 8 would average 16 a year how many does Edmonton Have? Also had my house broken into when I lived in Edmonton twice Calgary once My car stolen in Edmonton never any of those living here.

Because your specious anecdotes provide any meaningful information on relative crime rates.

Stats mean anything?

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
A city of 100K has 9 organized crime gangs operating in it. Keep living in denial. Just build your fence higher and lock the doors. Also don't park the car in the street..:D
Left my wallet in my car here many of times with doors unlocked. Never a problem. Don't use drugs or drink so really no worries about punk ass un organized gangs.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Now, I know why my friend-who went to the Wetaskiwin High School 8 years ago-told me that walking the streets of Wetaskiwin overnight,is the equivalent to walking down
the ghetto streets of Detroit. :joker:

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Job market inquiry thread quickly turns into urban bashing thread.

Don't ever change, HFOil.

Ol' Jase

Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005

It takes me 40 minutes to get to work everyday, and I'm taking the best and only route possible.

You haven't tried to access the U of A in years if you think his statement is remotely accurate. Traffic anywhere in that area is a complete disaster.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
It takes me 40 minutes to get to work everyday, and I'm taking the best and only route possible.

You haven't tried to access the U of A in years if you think his statement is remotely accurate. Traffic anywhere in that area is a complete disaster.

LRT runs to U of A. Try using it. Why do people insist on driving to areas where other BETTER options exist? I can get to U of A quite easily. Most people can.

Ol' Jase

Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
LRT runs to U of A. Try using it. Why do people insist on driving to areas where other BETTER options exist? I can get to U of A quite easily. Most people can.

When I need my car for work as I take meetings all over the city.

Wonderful plan. Lol, some people need theirs cars in a work day. Crazy, I know.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
When I need my car for work as I take meetings all over the city.

Wonderful plan. Lol, some people need theirs cars in a work day. Crazy, I know.

Your specific need would be of course be very atypical.

Should a city design infrastructure for your specific need?

50K people going to U of A area in rush hour traffic are going there for the day. The city has provided extensive LRT, bus and even BRT to cover that express purpose. All of those people being well served with transit options to that area. If you choose to drive to the busiest area in the city IN rush hour traffic kind of sucks to be you. :p: Plus that you make the traffic worse by insisting on going into an area with a vehicle which is not suited to that. This is clearly a mass transit commuter zone. This is the second biggest University in the country. Located next to some of the largest hospitals and medical facilities in the country. The vast majority of people figuring out not to drive there in rush hour traffic. Go early, go late, or take transit. Simple.

Failing that ride a bike. Several bike routes to U of A as well.

But anyway. Job market query quickly becomes a discussion on commuter travel. lol Don't ever change hf. ;)

Last edited:

Ol' Jase

Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Your specific need would be of course be very atypical.

Should a city design infrastructure for your specific need?

50K people going to U of A area in rush hour traffic are going there for the day. The city has provided extensive LRT, bus and even BRT to cover that express purpose. All of those people being well served with transit options to that area. If you choose to drive to the busiest area in the city IN rush hour traffic kind of sucks to be you. :p: Plus that you make the traffic worse by insisting on going into an area with a vehicle which is not suited to that. This is clearly a mass transit commuter zone. This is the second biggest University in the country. Located next to some of the largest hospitals and medical facilities in the country. The vast majority of people figuring out not to drive there in rush hour traffic. Go early, go late, or take transit. Simple.

Failing that ride a bike. Several bike routes to U of A as well.

But anyway. Job market query quickly becomes a discussion on commuter travel. lol Don't ever change hf. ;)

Holy ****?!?!?

I simply said that it takes me more than half an hour to get to work, contrary to your "if it takes longer than 30 minutes to get anywhere in Edmonton" assertion, and I have to put up with this kind of response??

The overland LRT at the Edmonton clinic has created mass havoc in an area already rife with problems. Your solution for getting there in you 30 minute allotted time frame is take a train or ride my bike when I clearly stated I do not have that option.

Brutal. :shakehead:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Holy ****?!?!?

I clearly stated I do not have that option.

Brutal. :shakehead:

When you have no reasonable reply resort to the above.

Fact of the matter is you CAN get to U of A in around half an hour. How was I wrong?

What you state is irrelevant and anecdotal. Fact of the matter is the city does provide reasonable avenues of transportation to get to all locations. Just because it isn't your CHOSEN means of transportation doesn't mean jack****.

Put it a different way. Transportation from North Van or Lonsdale to downtown Vancouver is brutal. So the city puts in the Seabus to ease some of that overload in an area and pathway that is bound to be difficult. You'd be hollering that the city should put in a ferry so you could drive your vehicle across the harbor when other modes do fine for most.
Similarly Vancouver has Skytrain to many outlying areas as well as West Coast Express. This being an acknowledgement of the NEED to put these other modes in because servicing vehicular traffic is just not going to be the answer (and rarely is) none of them btw piggyback personal vehicles on the trains..

Similarly in Toronto, or basically any large city Go Trains service the commute to outlying regions. Because the highways are over run no matter how many lanes you care to add.

Edmonton is a rapidly growing city, different modes of transportation are required in any such city. But to try to pretend that commute time is significant in anyway in Edmonton is laughable.

your turn

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad