GDT: Jets Vs. Canucks (Oct 18rd, 7 P.M.) - Gamers' Delight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Yeah he was going out if his way to really BS the chemistry of that line. He's also lying to himself if he's happy with how the first line has been performing.

Yeah, he should spend less time on structure and more on results, like the ones noted in many posts on these boards. Or even an objective eye test.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
this is sad. at under 1/3 of the of ehlers cost. 1 goal in almost 40 games too.
ehlers 6gp 0g 1a
vertanan 6gp 2g 1a
Hot Take Level:
giphy.webp

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Within a point of Scheifele, Wheeler, and Laine too. More goals than Blake!

PoMo is killing our top guns' production.
I think the top line is pressing too much for offense in their own zone and through the neutral zone. They need to stay patient, play a more disciplined defensive game, and pay attention to their defensive details (body positioning, stick positioning, etc.).

Reactions: Sixty Minute Man

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Hopefully the hockey gods can bless Ehlers a with a couple of points tonight.

I would ask for him to score a goal but that may be asking too much.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
Is anyone else feelings Jets fatigue? In my life as a Jets fan I've never been this apathetic, even during our gloomy years. I wonder if it's just a symptom of having a 2nd baby now and not really having the chance to sit down and watch games start to finish. Or the playoff run. or both.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
Is anyone else feelings Jets fatigue? In my life as a Jets fan I've never been this apathetic, even during our gloomy years. I wonder if it's just a symptom of having a 2nd baby now and not really having the chance to sit down and watch games start to finish. Or the playoff run. or both.

I could never have Jets fatigue, but then I don't have babies. I would think that would take a toll on anyone in lots of ways. Hats off to you man.

Reactions: White Out 902

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
No , after losing the Jets once , i'll never take it for granite , i look forward to every game .

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
I will give the Nucks board props.
Not only did they not freak out about this they didn’t pick on Pat.
Even called him a beast.

But they are tracking the number of Fortnite games he’s played today. Apparently 10 games as of the time of their posting.

10 games? I don't know whether to like this post or cry. If he's off his game cuz he's on that game, I'm going to flip my canoe

Reactions: DRC and Board Bard

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
10 games? I don't know whether to like this post or cry. If he's off his game cuz he's on that game, I'm going to flip my canoe
What if he was reading, and it made him tired? Or watching movies on the couch? What if a player is looking after his kids, running errands, or in other ways living their life in a way that you feel is doing too much before a game.

Is it up to fans to determine how every athlete lives their life while under contract with a professional team?

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
What if he was reading, and it made him tired? Or watching movies on the couch? What if a player is looking after his kids, running errands, or in other ways living their life in a way that you feel is doing too much before a game.

Is it up to fans to determine how every athlete lives their life while under contract with a professional team?

While I appreciate adding a bunch of things I made no such comment on, this was in specific to a great player possibly crippling his game due to playing too much of a computer game. It's illogical to waste that talent on video games, if that is what's occurring.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017

I would be worried if Laine stopped relaxing and enjoying himself (with games, movies, books or whatever that isn't physically taxing) on game days. This whole gaming thing has been blown out of proportion and it's getting pretty boring to read about it....

Reactions: Spock

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
While I appreciate adding a bunch of things I made no such comment on, this was in specific to a great player possibly crippling his game due to playing too much of a computer game. It's illogical to waste that talent on video games, if that is what's occurring.

Perhaps you might truly appreciate why I added those things if you understood why I mentioned them.
You think playing video games is crippling his performance. That's your opinion. I pointed out that these players have lives, and what they do in them is their choice. The things I mentioned could very well be detrimental to their on-ice performance, but because they're not video games, they don't get criticized.

Reactions: JetsFan815

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I think the top line is pressing too much for offense in their own zone and through the neutral zone. They need to stay patient, play a more disciplined defensive game, and pay attention to their defensive details (body positioning, stick positioning, etc.).
They need to get lower.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad