Post-Game Talk: Nurse Skinned the Oilers

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The Canucks were dead in the water and instead of finishing them off the Oilers let them get up off the mat. Their goalie was struggling bad and we just let him be. Why does this always happen? Stop playing like f***ing Boy Scouts.

If Nurse/Ceci is still a pairing in game two wave the white flag.

Reactions: oobga

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
The Canucks were dead in the water and instead of finishing them off the Oilers let them get up off the mat. Their goalie was struggling bad and we just let him be. Why does this always happen? Stop playing like f***ing Boy Scouts.

Notice when other teams notice r goalie is struggling and start shooting from anywhere and all of a sudden they bang home 3 goals in 4 minutes

Reactions: oilers4life5

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Ken Holland knew a year ago he needed a viable playoff alternative to Skinner, and that nurse-ceci was not a tenable top 4 pairing. He spent the last 12 months putting $3.25 million of dead money on next year's cap for Connor Brown. Explain to me how he is better than chiarelli. Honestly show your work. Fire this idiot tomorrow morning
Keep your phone on. I’m sure they will call ya

Ken Holland knew a year ago he needed a viable playoff alternative to Skinner, and that nurse-ceci was not a tenable top 4 pairing. He spent the last 12 months putting $3.25 million of dead money on next year's cap for Connor Brown. Explain to me how he is better than chiarelli. Honestly show your work. Fire this idiot tomorrow morning
Keep your phone on. I’m sure they will call ya

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
If Drai is hurt we are in big trouble.

Otherwise I still like our chances, especially if the Canucks come out as tapped out as we did after our game 1 win vs LA.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
Correct me I I’m wrong but did Knoblauch put Ceci-nurse out the immediate shift after the 4-4 goal, and then they got scored on in that shift? That is the last pair I’m putting out when the team is reeling. In fact a time out at 4-4 wouldve been smart.

Also to note, penalties were 3-1 and the oilers only chance was the too many men early. They didn’t do enough to draw penalties, when you go a third of the game without shooting the other team doesn’t make many mistakes. If the series is played like that the oilers are in big, big trouble.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
After watching knoblach interview can we get a coach with some fking passion and enthusiasm. Tippet then woodcroft and now knoblach. All monotone type people. Show some fking emotion for once

• Haha
Reactions: TB12 and Pavel10

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
6 games into playoffs and not my fault Skinner has 2 games above .900

Not going to be a long run with those numbers.

Last playoffs he had 5 of 12

Career sub .890 in the playoffs
Hey I know you're still sore about what happened in round one, but the Nucks have alot of space on that bandwagon.

Reactions: capazzo

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
After watching knoblach interview can we get a coach with some fking passion and enthusiasm. Tippet then woodcroft and now knoblach. All monotone type people. Show some fking emotion for once
Meh. People are different. I'm more interested in his ability to adjust and motivate than I am in him throwing tantrums with the media.

Reactions: Zerotonine

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Before we can win a series against this team we have to win one friggin game first. 0-5 and outscored what, 25-11??? I mean c’mon

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015

I never would have dreamed they could f*** up that game that bad at that point. They mentally likely had Vancouver where they needed them and then just plain quit.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
That collapse was so Oilers. Turned it off when it became 4-4, since I've seen how this ends a million times. Complete and utter embarrassment is always around the corner with this team.
Yeah you could see this coming despite the Oilers being up by 2 halfway through the third. Just not dialed in for some reason.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
That collapse was so Oilers. Turned it off when it became 4-4, since I've seen how this ends a million times. Complete and utter embarrassment is always around the corner with this team.
Yeah I walked away when the Canucks tied it. At least they spared us another overtime embarrassment. That was some real 2010 Oilers level of suck. You get a couple of freebie goals then just call it a day? Does this team ever learn?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
After sleeping on it, it’s whatever.
This team is just proving again that it doesn’t have what it takes to win a cup.
You can’t win the cup with a goalie like Skinner AND a D pair like Nurse and Ceci. A team can overcome one, not f***ing both.

Add to it how abysmal our 5v5 play is and the absolute lack of effort.

Shit Nuge has been awful too.

At least Hyman can still fill the net.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
You guys really should have put money on the canucks when it was 4-1 for the Oilers got 9.8 odds on that

Reactions: CycloneSweep

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
After sleeping on it, it’s whatever.
This team is just proving again that it doesn’t have what it takes to win a cup.
You can’t win the cup with a goalie like Skinner AND a D pair like Nurse and Ceci. A team can overcome one, not f***ing both.

Add to it how abysmal our 5v5 play is and the absolute lack of effort.

Shit Nuge has been awful too.

At least Hyman can still fill the net.
Would be nice to get some offense from the bottom six too. Kane and Perry were awful and Foegele has the offensive instincts of a pig.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

the Canucks were not dead in the water...they dominated the 2nd and 3rd and the Oilers were lucky to be up 4-1 on a couple fluky goals

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad