Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Canes - Sun Mar 4 6:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I'm aware of FlightAware. But there are lots of flights and you still have to know something about the scheduling to be able to pick out which one is the Jets flight.

Seriously.....How many Air Canada flights are there between Winnipeg and Raleigh? This is the only on since the Jets flew there last season. It's not rocket science.

AIr Canada Jetz flights always 7-0-something-something.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
upload_2018-3-3_20-10-36.jpeg

Reactions: Aggie204

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Seriously.....How many Air Canada flights are there between Winnipeg and Raleigh? This is the only on since the Jets flew there last season. It's not rocket science.

AIr Canada Jetz flights always 7-0-something-something.

I was thinking in general not just going to Raleigh. But the 70xx thing is again, a piece of information that most people don't have. There's no need to make others feel stupid because they lack your knowledge.

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
So what's the advanced scouting report on the Canes? Ward is having a better season than Darling? That's all I've heard. And something about some Aho.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
I think people like Swedish AHO ;)

Not going to make geneological research now, but it is very well possible that these AHOs are someway descentants of some great-great-great-great-grandpapa of the historical era. Several hundred years of common history between Swedes and Finns can make that. Finns were transported all around the vast kingdom as prospector pioneers and settler builders of it's frontiers, sometimes directly by orders of kings of Sweden (for example Forest Finns of Värmland, Ingrian Finns...). Aho is very common family name in Finland, and even before laws concerning surnames, many many Finnish men were called after name of locations of their homes, like Pekka of Aho, Iisakki of Aho, Mikael of Aho and so on. Actually, we don't need to go that far in the history. During '60s and '70s, some 150000-200000 Finns emigrated to Sweden and it's very likely there were some Ahos among them too.

Multitude of Aho named Finnish immigrants and their descentants at the North America cannot be forgotten either.

'Aho' means 'clearing' (in the forest, caused by human agricultural activity by cutting and burning forest down for cultivations and meadows for a cattle to graze)'. Something that was intergral, intimate phenomenon and aspect of earning livelihood for Finnish tribes over untold centuries.

Ahos are numerous; From ex-prime minister Esko Aho to the national author of literature, Juhani Aho... all the way to an alcoholic geezer of your neighborhood. So, one or two NHL hockey players fit very well to the group.

Even more Ahos we can gather if we go also to the surname-combound words that include 'Aho': Kiviaho (stone-), Jokiaho (River-), Suuraho (Greater-), Yläaho (Upper-), Ahometsä (-woods/forest), Aho-Vainio (-field), Ahomaa (-land)...

S. Aho of Hurricanes WAS the playmaker for Patrik Laine in WJC 2016 with known famous results.
The Line was called 'Pula-aho' after names of players. 'Pula-aho' (shortage-) had reference to the Finnish comedy character Parrot G. Pula-aho.

Don't underestimate the power of Aho! Not generally, and not particularly. :nod:

That's about Aho! Aho! Aho! AHO! :laugh:

Last edited:

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
Canes are sitting on the last wildcard spot after new jersey, columbus and especially florida are chasing them with a few games in hand.

I have almost watched all their games these last two seasons and I have been very impressed by their top 4 d men. Slavin, Pesche, Faulk and Hanafin have it all skill, speed and physicality when need be.

Good news for the jets is that Bill Peters has split up their and one of the leagues best lines IMHO with Aho, Staal and Teravainen.

Darling was brought in as the new starter , but has sucked all season and it will be a sure win if he gets the start instead of Ward.

Don't underestimate the canes, right now they also have three lines that can all score, Jeff Skinner is dangerous and Buff will have a hard time keeping up with Teravainen and Aho for sure.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Indeed, Sportsnet is major suckage. How many more seasons can we enjoy TSN Jets before their contract expires?

I actually like Sportsnet more, their more accurate in they’re depiction of the game, they give more entertainment during the periods.. The only thing that really sucks is the fact Beyak doesn’t play by play announce the game, I like having a guy announcing who is actually invested in the team and has excitement for the game rather than SN’s bland commentators who are so boring to hear and almost take the excitement out of the game..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad