Around the League Thread | Stop f***ing crying, bro, this isn’t Junior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
I feel there’s way more open ice in the Vegas-Dallas than there is in the Canuck series

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
That's the thing though, Kucherov could fetch a HAUL. I don't think they have the defensive depth to be a serious contender anymore. Hedman was the key for them, and he's in back side of his career.

Vasi is still great, but man, so much would have to go right for them to bolster that line-up and make one last push. Maybe they need Allvin at the helm lol

Whatever they can get for Kucherov won’t be enough to help them rebuild anyways. Tampa has done a great job building a hockey market, retooling and keeping that going is more valuable and a better business strategy than going full rebuild.

Reactions: vanuck and Flik

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Whatever they can get for Kucherov won’t be enough to help them rebuild anyways. Tampa has done a great job building a hockey market, retooling and keeping that going is more valuable and a better business strategy than going full rebuild.

Yeah, best of luck to em. They've been the class of the league for so long now.

Reactions: vanuck

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Yeah, best of luck to em. They've been the class of the league for so long now.
It’s pretty rare to have a 140pt player, best to keep him and let him retire as a bolt. You need to build history to have long term success and you need great players and cups to have history in a market like Tampa.

Reactions: mossey3535

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Part of me wanted the Canucks to get Vegas. I don't think they are that good of a team anymore. People make jokes about injuries and how they are abusing the cap.

I just think they were actually just straight-up injured.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Part of me wanted the Canucks to get Vegas. I don't think they are that good of a team anymore. People make jokes about injuries and how they are abusing the cap.

I just think they were actually just straight-up injured.
They’ve abused a loophole in the current cap structure.

NHL needs to do the right thing and close it.

And they have gone from darlings to being one of the most disliked teams in a very short period of time.

Regardless of whether they had legit injuries, the pure optics are horrendous that they ALL came back for Game 1.

So f*** em.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
I'm definitely not one to dwell on the disaster of the Benning regime so this is my first time saying something like this, but one blunder that does make me sick to my stomach is trading Forsling away for Adam f***ing Clendening. Now there's no guarantee he follows the same development path here but how good would he look on our blueline behind Hughes right now?

EDIT: Put this in the OOT thread in the context of how good he was in the Florida/Tampa series.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
They’ve abused a loophole in the current cap structure.

NHL needs to do the right thing and close it.

And they have gone from darlings to being one of the most disliked teams in a very short period of time.

Regardless of whether they had legit injuries, the pure optics are horrendous that they ALL came back for Game 1.

So f*** em.

NHL isn't gonna do jack shit. But the moment a Canadian does it like them, boom, your first round pick is gone!

Jokes aside, if NHL decided this is ok, then no one is allowed to bitch and whine about it when more and more teams follow the same model. Buttman, this is what you want, no? Victory at all costs, no consideration for morality or honor?

Orr4Norris

Mar 2, 2018
I didn't get to comment on it yesterday, but glad the Rangers swept the Caps.

Ovechkin is in Mark Messier territory now. Past his best-by date, a total defensive liability, and just cherry picking his way towards a record (with Messier it was Howe he was chasing)
It was obvious Ovi wanted nothing to do with the postseason. Dude completely mailed it in. Pathetic imo.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
NHL isn't gonna do jack shit. But the moment a Canadian does it like them, boom, your first round pick is gone!

Jokes aside, if NHL decided this is ok, then no one is allowed to bitch and whine about it when more and more teams follow the same model. Buttman, this is what you want, no? Victory at all costs, no consideration for morality or honor?
Canucks did cap circumvention in the 2011 run and nothing happened.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver

I just think they were actually just straight-up injured
I've talked to lots of folks who feel the same way - one was an old guy with a white beard in a red suit who was rather jolly, another was a giant talking rabbit that was hiding eggs for some reason, another was this girl who had wings and a bag full of teeth which I almost found creepy, another was big and round, totally orange. Another one was an honest lawyer, and another was - yes,, this is true - a dashing accountant.

But everyone else I talked to just laughed in my face when I suggested Vegas wasn't cheating the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad