Prospect Info: Jets Prospects

Moloch

Mar 15, 2024
Barlow scored two goals today.

Julien is down to the 3rd line and has 6 points in 12 games.
well. If he was snakebitten then im glad to see him recoup. However, he doesnt strike me as a player that has a dynamic game. No playmaking. Seems like hes only good at one-timers. Obviously you can build off that, but the flashiness that landed him in the draft spotlight only came, and only will come from, this facet of his game that he seems to lose so easily.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
well. If he was snakebitten then im glad to see him recoup. However, he doesnt strike me as a player that has a dynamic game. No playmaking. Seems like hes only good at one-timers. Obviously you can build off that, but the flashiness that landed him in the draft spotlight only came, and only will come from, this facet of his game that he seems to lose so easily.

He's a pure goal scorer and like most he's streaky. He's going to have to develop some forechecking ability and defense to contribute when the pucks aren't going in.

Moloch

Mar 15, 2024
He's a pure goal scorer and like most he's streaky. He's going to have to develop some forechecking ability and defense to contribute when the pucks aren't going in.
Thats right. And I'd feel better about him if he up and went to defend his own zone sometimes. Seems like he spends too much time trying to get set up. Hes got the physicality, but he does not know how to deploy it. Kinda reminds me of an easter island statue.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Some good CHL prospects this year for the Jets. He and Yager leading the way. Walton putting up points. Julien and Barlow still trying to find their stride.

Anyone got a chance to see Loponen play on the Victoria Royals this year? He's got 4g 4 apples, +7, in 11 games in his first junior season. Any chance he ends up on Finland's radar for the Juniors this year?

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Vesalainen 25 points in 19 games in the Liiga. Advanced stats are just okay. Haven't watched him play but based on these numbers he is on my radar now as making a potential NHL comeback. I wonder if the Jets give him a call for next season.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Vesalainen 25 points in 19 games in the Liiga. Advanced stats are just okay. Haven't watched him play but based on these numbers he is on my radar now as making a potential NHL comeback. I wonder if the Jets give him a call for next season.
1730143093480.png

• Haha
Reactions: JetsFan815

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

I doubt it.

Maybe some other team would have a fit for him. His rights might be tradable but they wouldn't be worth a lot.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
basically he seems like a Tyler Toffoli type. Decent second line scorer that can get hot, especially on the powerplay.

Shlep

Sep 13, 2024
He started last season off even better then trailed off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad