Prospect Info: Jets Prospects

Moloch

Mar 15, 2024
Barlow scored two goals today.

Julien is down to the 3rd line and has 6 points in 12 games.
well. If he was snakebitten then im glad to see him recoup. However, he doesnt strike me as a player that has a dynamic game. No playmaking. Seems like hes only good at one-timers. Obviously you can build off that, but the flashiness that landed him in the draft spotlight only came, and only will come from, this facet of his game that he seems to lose so easily.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
well. If he was snakebitten then im glad to see him recoup. However, he doesnt strike me as a player that has a dynamic game. No playmaking. Seems like hes only good at one-timers. Obviously you can build off that, but the flashiness that landed him in the draft spotlight only came, and only will come from, this facet of his game that he seems to lose so easily.

He's a pure goal scorer and like most he's streaky. He's going to have to develop some forechecking ability and defense to contribute when the pucks aren't going in.

Moloch

Mar 15, 2024
He's a pure goal scorer and like most he's streaky. He's going to have to develop some forechecking ability and defense to contribute when the pucks aren't going in.
Thats right. And I'd feel better about him if he up and went to defend his own zone sometimes. Seems like he spends too much time trying to get set up. Hes got the physicality, but he does not know how to deploy it. Kinda reminds me of an easter island statue.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Some good CHL prospects this year for the Jets. He and Yager leading the way. Walton putting up points. Julien and Barlow still trying to find their stride.

Anyone got a chance to see Loponen play on the Victoria Royals this year? He's got 4g 4 apples, +7, in 11 games in his first junior season. Any chance he ends up on Finland's radar for the Juniors this year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad